Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Monday, April 6, 2020

Pastor Caroline - April 6, 2020


Today I am not using my devotional, because while going through a treasure trove of cards the other day, I came across this card. I read it over and over. I so enjoyed the love I felt as I read it “as if Mary, the mother of Jesus, was writing it to me, about her son Jesus.” Her love so deep and unconditional for Him and a mother truly knows how deep that love can be.

Let’s read this card is if you had written it to someone else.
 “I cannot fully explain or describe to you what it’s like to have Jesus as my closest  and dearest friend (after accepting Him as Lord and Saviour). To have Him in my home, to eat with Him (knowing He is at my table), to talk to Him (as if He sitting right next to me,) to laugh with Him and to weep with Him, (knowing He sees it all). Whenever I am in His
presence, I can freely share my heart, and His eyes never turn away. In so many thoughtful ways, He has shown me how much He truly cares about me and my family. The very first time I met Him I felt as if I had known Him all my life. Whenever I am in His company my heart is always full. There’s something about Him that draws me in, that puts me at ease, and that makes me feel accepted with “an unconditional love”. I only doubted him once. (Put in your own personal time that you may have doubted Him, think on that for a moment,  then continue reading). How wrong I was to ever question his character. Today while He was visiting in my home, as I sat in my living room, His presence was all around me as I read from my Bible, Philippians chapter 2 verses 6 to 11. (Please open your Bible and read the Scriptures). I can see clearly how His character took “on the form of man” still remaining God.  How He came to earth and fulfilled the plan of salvation for each and everyone of us. As the card writer says “I fully understand why He had come and the price He would have to pay to be my eternal Saviour and friend.”

This brings me to another scripture, John Chapter  15 verse 13 from The Amplified Study Bible reads this way,   “No one has greater love (nor stronger commitment) than to lay down his own life for his friends.”

Jesus willingly laid down His life for all of us, His friends, as He calls us into close relationship with Him and we fellowship with Him by studying His word every day. Now is a great time to spend more time with Him as the busy world has been brought to a quiet place. Take special time this week to understand why we call this Holy Week and we why we call Jesus, Saviour.

P. S. Thank you to the one who sent me this card, you may remember doing that after reading this through, and to Roy Lessin and Lorrie Lasse. Also thank you to DaySpring Cards.





No comments:

Post a Comment