Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Pastor Caroline - April 22, 2020



Let’s go right into scripture this morning and look at Proverbs Chapter 18 verse 24 the last line.
“But there is a (true, loving) friend who (is reliable and) sticks closer than a brother”.
This is taken from the Amplified Study Bible. Your version may read just a little differently but it will carry the same meaning.

As the rain falls today it seems more gentle than the rain that fell through the night. It was a hard, pounding, rain and reminded me of how we cry when we are terribly hurt. I wondered - - if God was crying so hard at the tragedy He sees here in Nova Scotia with all the people who have had their world shaken to the core; that His tears fell,  “like pounding rain“.  I can only imagine His broken heart as He sees their pain and I can just imagine Him crying for them.
Now, the rain this morning is falling gently,  it reminds me of how we cry when we are “closing in on our tears”.  I do realize our Bible says there are no more tears in heaven but remember God is omnipresent. Omni means all. God is all present, or everywhere present. So I can picture Him, in my mind’s eye, sitting beside anyone, or any number, of those who are grieving. He sees and feels their suffering and He cares. God is in heaven but He is also on earth as the Bible tells us, in Jeremiah Chapter 23 verse 24 taken from the Amplified Study Bible. Verse 24 reads:
“Can anyone hide himself in secret places
So that I cannot see him?” says the Lord.
“Do I not fill heaven and earth?“ Says the Lord.


God is near in our heartbreak, in our desperation, in our times of need and especially in our sorrow and grief. If you look up Psalm 139 in your Bible, (my Amplified Study Bible titles it, God’s Omnipresence and Omniscience), and read it though you will understand better what I am about to share with you. Omnipresence means “everywhere-present”,  an Omniscience means “all knowing”.  Versus 7 to 12 in this psalm tells us God is there and the Psalmist David is sharing it with us. David leaves us with a wonderful, powerful truth and promise, in this scripture.

Let’s go back to the scripture I opened with, it tells me God is “a friend who sticks closer than a brother”.  He is the One who knows us inside out, He knows us better than we know ourselves and He knows that through life we are not always going to be okay. There will be times of pain and joy and He is there in it all. God wants to be part of our life so that He can guide us, help us, comfort us, dry our tears and mend our broken hearts.
He covers our fears as He strengthens our faith. (Please read that line again and tuck it in your heart as you may need it often)


We can be honest before Him, and true and real (to ourselves and) to Him. He sees our anger, disappointment, shame, hurt and He still loves us, because He created us!  He wants to carry us through all the seasons of our life and whatever we face in those seasons - - His plan is to be beside us, “like a friend who sticks closer than a brother”.
I often use the expression, “I am alone but I’m not lonely”. This is because God is with me, in spirit, and I often feel His presence so strong around me that I actually turn to see - - who is there. I am comforted by His presence and thankful to know He is never far away.

My prayer today is that everyone, (especially people here in Nova Scotia who are going through this most difficult time and), people all over the world will know God as I do. I am confident in my testimony that “God is always there”, as He walked and talked with me, when my own brother was murdered and taken too soon from this (my) world. He allowed me to pen these words and as I share them with you, I pray that they will help you today as they helped me.

         God Is Always There

Some say God is just a memory of a man from long ago
Some say God is just a vision
Of a man will never know
Some say God is the Redeemer
Creator of the soul
I say God, He is my Saviour, the One who made me whole

Why be the one afraid of taking the first step to God above
Why be the one afraid of being made a fool because of love
Why not be one who won’t be sorry
For sharing his own need
Because God is there to love you
And you He’ll never leave.

When your trials have been too many
For even you to bear
When you think you are alone
Just remember,- God is there
When you find yourself in trouble
Take it to the Lord in prayer
And the Lord, the great provider
He will be waiting there.

(copyright number 332775)

I pray these words will bring you as much comfort as they’ve brought to me and I thank God for Him giving me these words to write. I believe these words were sent to me from God as a love letter that day and it is forever etched in my heart. Thank you Lord.

God is my Heavenly Father, He loves me and He loves each one of you. Sit before him today and let Him speak to your heart.

The rain is almost over
And we know we need the rain,
Just as we know we need to shed our tears
To help ease our pain,
God will bring forth the sunshine
To brighten up our day
To remind us, He is in control
He is never far away.

Wow God just wrote this through my hand, He is amazing!!!  As the words came the sun burst through my window so bright I can hardly read my paper. God is so good I think I’ll have a glory spell, come and join me, it will do your heart good.

Thank you Lord, bless each one today with your love and remind us all that you are the Great Provider, covering every need. You are always there.               We glorify Your name!!


No comments:

Post a Comment