Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Pastor Caroline - Easter Sunday



What a beautiful Resurrection Sunday morning it is!

Praise be to God.

Greater love has no one than this, then to lay down one’s life for his friends.  John 15:13
This is the scripture verse that heads are reading today in David Jeremiah‘s devotional,  Daily in His Presence. How fitting the scripture is.

On Resurrection Sunday this Scripture reveals the very truth of what Jesus came to do on Good Friday. He prepared for the cross, the giving up of His life unto death, carrying our sin within Him, to be nailed to the cross in full payment that we might be made righteous before our Lord. Only when we accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour can we lay claim to our inheritance Jesus put in our account on Good Friday.


I am reminded of an old song we sometimes sing in church. Please read the words of this song carefully and let them minister to your heart in a new way today.


                He Paid A Debt
He paid a debt He did not owe,
 I owed a debt I could not pay
I needed someone to wash my sins away
And now I sing a brand new song- Amazing Grace
Christ Jesus paid the debt I could never pay.

He paid that debt at Calvary
He cleansed my soul and set me free
 I’m glad that Jesus did all my sins erase
And now I sing a brand new song - Amazing Grace
Christ Jesus paid the debt I could never pay.

One day He’s coming back for me
to live with Him eternally
Won’t it be glory to see Him on that day?
Then I will sing a brand new song - Amazing Grace
Christ Jesus paid the debt I could never pay.

This is a beautiful old song so may I suggest that you bring it up on YouTube and have a listen for yourself. There are many versions and today I used the version, song by Alton Howard— Singers, Glory


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU4ulVJmFC4

We will never be asked to go to the cross as Jesus did, however, we will be asked to love sacrificially. As Christians God calls us to be living sacrifices as David Jeremiah tells us in a reading today in his devotional, Daily in His Presence. When we give to others,  putting them ahead of ourselves, we are giving sacrificially. Every day God gives us opportunities to share and love, mercy and grace. Let us today be reminded of the love, mercy and grace Jesus so freely gives to us this day because of a payment made 2000 years ago on an old rugged Cross.

To bring honour and glory to God let’s do unto others as we would have them do unto us. Let’s together, stand at the foot of the cross where we are all equal,  all accepted, all forgiven and all fully redeemed in the blood of the cross, because “one Holy man laid down His life for His friends.” Will you today accept the payment Jesus made on your behalf and accept Him as Lord and Savior?I pray you will.  You are His friend. Praise God.



Blessed Easter to everyone



No comments:

Post a Comment