Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Pastor Caroline - April 19, 2020


I hope you are reading the daily devotional and enjoying it before you read my written messages. Otherwise, for my messages to make sense you would have to go back and read the devotional reading. I am thankful to David Jeremiah and the writings in “Daily in His Presence”, the devotional we are using.   The title today is Trust and Wait.

Trust and Wait.  This sounds like a double prescription. When we first meet someone new, should we “trust first”and “wait” to see if they measure up or should we “wait” and “trust” they will measure up. Well either way we are trusting and waiting or waiting and trusting.

Now let me bring this to a bit of clarity if I can.  When we are first introduced to God do we trust Him right away? Or do we wait and see what He is going to do to prove to us that we can trust Him? Well over the years I have learned that at times in my life, I struggled with trusting Him.  I would take my concern to Him, present it and immediately come away from prayer and try to remedy the situation on my own. I don’t know about you, but I always lost when I tried to win the battle on my own. I soon realized that God is bigger than me and smarter than me and brings the answer before I even know where to go looking. This began to build my faith (my trusting Him) and I learned to be patient (wait)with Him. 

 When I spoke of the goodness of the Lord to others I became stronger in my faith and I learned to let time take it’s course. God always came through. He taught me that “in the waiting” I could “trust Him” for the outcome. He would draw me to scripture that spoke about trust and/or waiting and the scripture would enlighten me, give me strength, and teach me wisdom.When I would share the Lord with someone, over time I could see it building their faith (their trusting in Him) and it made both of us stronger. A win - win prescription, and a double portion at that!!

The key is to get to know God, by reading the Bible, spending time with people who have a faith walk, listen to worship music, attend church, take a Bible study, read Christian books and devotionals, and just sit and listen for His small still voice. These are the tools you need “to build your faith and trust in God” and then you will see that in getting to know Him,  you can always trust in Him (Proverbs 3: 5-6).  When you get to know the Lord you will not want to be without Him even for one minute of your day. To build a strong relationship takes time and every moment you spend building it is more than worth your effort. I don’t know about tomorrow but I know Who holds tomorrow. That is a line from an old gospel song called, I Know Who Holds Tomorrow. (Goggle it and enjoy the message contained within the words.)


God has you and me in His daily planner and we are important to Him.  How do I know that? Well the Bible tells me so. Jeremiah Chapter 29 verse 11 in my Amplified Study Bible reads as follows:
(11)”For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,” says the Lord “plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster to give you a future and a hope”.  

This simply means, He will see us through if we trust Him and wait on His instruction. He has a plan and we need to follow Him because we know we can trust Him, He has proven Himself over and over to us throughout our life time .
See we really are important to Him.😊 Just you “wait” and see and “trust Him” every day for every need. You will be glad you did.


Our God is an awesome God.
Can I have an Amen?


Thank you for sharing your time with me and our Heavenly Father.




No comments:

Post a Comment