Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Pastor Caroline - April 18, 2020


I like the title of this reading, Going With the Flow, it draws us in. As we read our devotional today David Jeremiah brings us good news. In the last paragraph He sums it up nicely, so I will print here what it says:

“When life gets challenging, check to see if you are following God or not. Even if He leads us into a storm, as long as He is there we can be at rest (Mark 4: 37-41). New King James
Well folks, so true, let me share this testimony with you.

Last night while doing my evening calls to keep in touch with my congregants, one lady told me “although I am alone I am not lonely. I have not had a visitor in four weeks, nor have I been out to town or anywhere. My son drops my groceries on my doorstep and I wave to him through the living room window”. (Just to note, this lady has a relationship with the Lord). She continued by saying, “ This is the very reason I am not lonely for I am truly never really alone. Jesus is here with me during these challenging and quiet times so I am more aware of God’s presence than ever before. And Caroline, thank you for your calls to me, I look forward to our conversations and our laughs, and how over the years of attending service you often spoke about resting in the presence of the Lord. See, I have been listening, so thank you again. I do miss seeing everyone so I will be glad when we all can get together again.” I assured her we will have lots of hugs and lots of praise and a “real love in time”, that first gathering  together. We prayed  together and said goodnight. It was so nice to hear her heart about the Lord.

As a pastor one of my responsibilities is to check on those to come to our services and to those who do not, I feel God wants me to reach out to people all the time, not just during COVID-19. Having a “people personality and loving people”, this certainly does not feel like a job, or duty or obligation in anyway. (I just love to connect with people, that is the Cape Bretoner in me and that is who God made me to be, I am blessed x 2). So, I follow my shepherd’s advice (the Lord’s advice) and try everyday “to be in His current,” being contented and full of peace. It is so much easier than “going against the current” trying to fulfill all the demands this world puts on us, off which we never can, nor never will, satisfy.

I sure miss seeing everyone as well, 😞, I miss the hugs, the testimonies of how God touches lives, how He answers prayer, brings healing, restores relationships, and gives us the opportunity to have communion with one another, recalling what Jesus has done for us on the cross. 


Until then let’s all of us be:
Contented, peaceful sheep are those who follow God into places of rest and provision. David tells us this in the last line of paragraph two.

I like the picture David paints in our minds, a peaceful sheep, sound asleep, knowing we are being well cared for by The Shepherd, Jesus our Lord.   Today and every day,  let us all rest in the presence of the Lord.
Just go with the flow of His wonderful current.

Please enjoy this day, it is a present 💝 from the Lord.



No comments:

Post a Comment