Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Monday, May 25, 2020

Pastor Caroline - May 25, 2020


As you read David Jeremiah‘s devotional today, can you even imagine being somewhere talking with a friend, and a stranger joins you and reveals Himself as the Risen Lord! Wouldn’t that be totally amazing? Hopefully He would find you in a position that is pleasing to Him. Perhaps He would find you singing His praises, or teaching His word to someone or to several people. Perhaps you would be standing at the bedside of someone dying and you would be offering them the gift of salvation. Maybe you would be holding a newborn baby in your arms, or cradling a special needs child who is frightened. These would all be good positions to be in should He appear in the flesh beside you.

Now stop and think of all the things we all do, that certainly would not be pleasing to the Risen Lord. I am not going to make a list here because everybody’s list would be different. I can only say, there have been times in my own life, that if He appeared beside me I would be embarrassed and ashamed. I would cry out “please forgive me”, and He would if I truly presented a repentant heart.

I am so grateful He is my Saviour and I know He sees all I do. He knows I am not perfect, I am human, I will disappoint Him at times and at times I will bring Him great joy. I pray I bring more joy than disappointment.

As David says in the reading (Daily in His Presence), in the last paragraph;
“The greatest encouragement we will ever know is the encouragement of knowing the Christ who rose on Easter Sunday. He walks with us and talks with us and tells us we are own”.
 So you see, Christ is walking with us when we are in a position that is pleasing to Him and He sees us when we are not pleasing to Him. However, He is willing to encourage us to do better, everyday, as He teaches us through the written word.
(14) May my words and my thoughts be acceptable to you, O Lord, my refuge and my redeemer!
This is found In Psalm 19 verse 14 in the Good News Bible and in the Amplified Study Bible it reads this way:
(14) Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable and pleasing in Your sight,
O Lord, my (firm, immovable) rock and my Redeemer.
Let this be our prayer every day as we begin our day with the Lord.


What is God hearing in your conversation?
What is God hearing in my conversation?

I pray it is acceptable to Him so we can enjoy the indescribable joy that is ours in knowing the Risen Savior, as David says in today’s reading.

May God richly bless each one who is reading this today. Have a super Lord’s day.




No comments:

Post a Comment