Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Pastor Caroline - May 19, 2020



What does God promise us?
If you go to the concordance of your Bible and look under Promise, you will see an extensive list. I am using the Amplified Study Bible and will reference it in this reading. Promise — God’s pledge for the future.
I like how that statement covers all my tomorrows. Every tomorrow is my future and yours as well.


There is a list under Promise:
A. Major promises of God, with subtitles and scriptures for reference. It starts with:
(1) Concerning Christ, with a sublist and scriptures and
 (2) Concerning believers with a sublist and scriptures. This is A, 1 and 2
(B) God‘s attitude to His promises, with another sublist and scripture references. This is B.
(C) Believers and God‘s promises, with another sublist and more scripture references. This is C.

In total there are 46 scriptures listed from A to C. If you were to sit with your Bible and read each scripture referred to, you would have completed a good study. Or scan through the subtitles and let the Lord give you unction as to what you will keep your focus on. For instance, under A - 2; Concerning believers, if you just read the first five subtitles; they read in my Bible as follows:
God will forgive your sin........ 
1  John 1:19
God will give us peace........... Psalm 85:8
God will bless us....................
Psalm 67:6-7
God will lead us......................
Psalm  23:1-6
God will never leave us...........
Hebrews 13:5

God promises to forgive our sin, give us peace, bless us, lead us and never leave us. That is a pretty powerful statement using those five subtitles. I know God is faithful to His promises and I personally trust in His promises. When I need a promise to stand on I go to my Bible and I find the scripture concerning that promise, and, I claim that scripture from God’s written word as a promise on its way to me. I wait patiently for the delivery of that promise to come to fruition.

In August last year, my daughter Krystle gave me this picture framed reminder of God’s promises in poetry. She purchased it in an antique shop and knew I would love it. I will include a picture of it so (you will see it after the writing) you will see what I’m talking about. The frame is old, the paper is yellowed from age, but, the promise of God is new every morning I read it. I am blessed by the words in rhyme. This stands on my fireplace shelf where I can see it every day. It states in the bottom left-hand corner that it is, Copyright 1964, Messenger Corporation, and on the right hand corner it says; Manufactured  in Canada by: W. L. Smith and Associates, Limited. This is 56 years old and yet the promise is new every day. Amazing right, just like the Bible which is a lot older by a few thousand years, and yet the word is new every morning filled with the promises of God, especially designed for your new day! Your every tomorrow comes with a promise waiting to be filled as the Lord assures us:  “I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,” says the Lord, “plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster to give you a future and a hope.”Jeremiah Chapter 29 verse 11.                               Now this is a promise worth claiming and standing on. I love the promises of God.


Perhaps you will want to write out the words that are on the picture that’s supplied for you today and keep them tucked in your Bible for your daily review. It will be a wonderful reminder of God‘s promises to you on a daily basis. Read over the last stanza and may God bless you always as you stand on His promises.


Have a great day in Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment