Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Friday, May 15, 2020

Pastor Caroline - May 15, 2020



Resurrection and the Life is the title of our reading in David Jeremiah’s devotional, Daily in His Presence.  Resurrection and life is a promise found in the scripture, John Chapter 11 verses 25 and 26.

“The sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God”, Jesus said in reference to the death of his friend Lazarus. Well this may be hard to understand, until we realize that, when we are raised from death to eternal life, then the full glory of God will be known to us. Wow, that is a wonderful promise we can look forward to. I can only imagine standing in front of Jesus, knowing death will never be a factor in my eternal life. I can only imagine, the beauty of heaven, the glory of God, and the fullness of joy forever more. Not to mention all of my loved family and friends who were waiting on my arrival. When a loved one leaves for glory before we do, certainly we will mourn our loss, for it is our loss; and their gain, if they died believing that Jesus is the resurrection and the life. We miss the physical touch of their hand, the sound of their voice, the joy of their company, and it is only natural that we will feel that loneliness. However, when we think of the glory they are now enjoying in heaven as they wait for us, that should bring us comfort and peace. Revelation Chapter 21 verse 4 tells us in the Good News Bible:
(4) He will wipe away all tears from their eyes. There will be no more death, no more grief, or crying or pain. The old things have disappeared.
Our comfort and peace should come from this very scripture and give us hope in Jesus, knowing He is the resurrection and the life and that one day we will live to the glory of God.

“One day the angels will beckon me
From heaven’s open door
And I can’t feel at home
In this world anymore”.
These are partial lyrics from “This World Is Not My Home”, a  beautiful song I sometimes am asked to sing at the home going of a friend or family member. What an honour and privilege to truly sing this from the heart, in the truth of knowing, that the glory of God is being fully realized by the one who is now enjoying their eternal home.
This brings me peace and comfort and I am thankful for God’s promise of eternal life.

Please join me again on Tuesday when I bring another writing. I am going to take tomorrow and Monday to enjoy the Victoria day weekend with my family. I will do a video on Sunday afternoon so please check our web site or YouTube, for God’s message to you.


Have a beautiful blessed weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment