Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Friday, May 22, 2020

Pastor Caroline - May 22, 2020 - Knowing the Future



Who wouldn’t like to know the future especially if it only held good events for us? Well my dear friends, we are not going to know the future, but we can know what God says about our future. Yesterday I asked you to read Psalm 34 and in it in versus 11 to 14 we read;
(11) Come, my young friends, and listen to me, and I will teach you to have reference for the Lord.
(12) Would you like to enjoy Life? Do you want long life and happiness?
(13) Then keep from speaking evil and from telling lies.
(14) Turn away from evil and do good; strive for peace with all your heart.

In these verses taken from the Good News Bible, we are invited to worship God, and to obey Him and when we do that we will have reference for Him. To enjoy life and be happy, we must hear the word of God, understand His word, follow His instructions, choose to do His will and stand firm in His will for our lives. God tells us in Jeremiah Chapter 29 verse 11 in the Good News Bible this; “I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about a future you hope for.” God knows our future and He controls it, as David Jeremiah says today in our devotional, Daily in His Presence. I am so happy God is in control of my future, my today, and all my tomorrows bringing me into a future designed by Him for me. I know without a shadow of a doubt He certainly will do a better job than I ever could do. I need to just stay close to Him in prayer and in His word so that I can benefit from the plans He has for my future.

God‘s word tells us everything we need to know about life and if we study His word we can have a life that gives us peace, in the good times and in the times of struggle, because, we know Who is in control. He knows our future. He is God, and there is none like Him, declaring the end from the beginning, as we are told in Isaiah Chapter 46 verses 9 and 10, the scripture used in David Jeremiah‘s reading today.

Look up and know God holds YOUR future and know YOU are in good hands. Enjoy every day knowing your salvation is in Christ and that is a good place to place your future as we await our glorious home going to spend eternity with the author and finisher of our faith.

Be blessed in this day and join me again Monday May 25th., for a new reading. I will do a video on Sunday May 24th., so please watch for it later in the afternoon.  Have a beautiful weekend and rest assured God knows your future.



No comments:

Post a Comment