Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Pastor Caroline - June 10, 2020



Yesterday I asked you to have a day of reflection. How was your day of reflection? I do hope you took advantage of the suggestion to spend some time with the Lord. When we sit before Him, with our minds open, it is truly amazing the thoughts He will bring to us.

God reminded me yesterday of the day Spencer and I were married. So many years ago, in September it will be 41 years; where do all the years go? Over these years we have learned much about each other, our likes and dislikes, our habits, how to spend quiet time with each other and apart from one another. What foods we like to share and the foods that neither one of us like. Two completely different people who over the years have become so much alike and yet somehow keeping our completely different personalities, and still loving each other; even more now than on our wedding day.

God reminded me of a prayer I prayed years ago. I asked Him to bring me a husband who would not drink or smoke, who would respect and cherish me, who would be well able to provide for a family if we should be blessed with children, who would have faith in my Lord, and who I would be more in love with as the years went on. When I prayed this prayer I remember saying, I would do all I could to bring joy and happiness to the one whom God would bring into my life and in that, bring honour and glory to the Lord. Well the Lord heard my prayer and certainly answered my prayer in every detail. God is amazing!

 How blessed I am to have shared 40+ years with the man I love more today than all my yesterdays. We are having a wonderful life together, growing, changing, sharing, building, being part of our grown children’s lives, working in our chosen professions, and through all of this, God is directing our path.

God reminded me yesterday, that all my tomorrows are in His hands and because history repeats itself and God is faithful to His word, I still have much to look forward to and much to be thankful for. I can go back and see where God guided and directed me, taught me and changed me, supported and loved me through all the experiences and challenges lives gives us, and continues to allow me every day to grow closer to Him as He gives me knowledge and wisdom of His word.

He reminded me yesterday that I have been faithful to my promise to Him regarding a husband, just as He has been faithful in bringing me such a good man; with whom to this day, God continues to bless our marriage. He reminded me that in this marriage I have brought Him (the Lord), honour, and assured me that we will continue to see His many blessings ahead because of our faithfulness as husband and wife and our commitment in service to Him.

As I have shared what I reflected on yesterday, I realize that over the years God has been faithful to me because He has been part of my life since I was young when I accepted Him as Lord and Saviour.  I believe He will be faithful to you in your journey as well, if He has been part of your journey over the years, and if you have accepted Him as Lord and Savior.

In my prayer to God years ago I committed to bring joy and happiness to the husband He would bring into my life and in doing so, bring honour to my God. Hopefully I have and will continue to honour that commitment to the best of my ability. God certainly honoured me by bringing Spencer into my life and I am thankful to Him who hears and answers our prayers. I guess the point I wish to make here is this, we should not expect God to always be doing good for us, answering our prayers and showing us favour, if we are not doing good for Him and obeying His word. It is important that we understand we must be as faithful to Him as He is to us. When we make a commitment to our Lord, we must make sure that we follow through.

Colossians Chapter 1 verse 10 in the Good News Bible reads: 

(10) Then you will be able to live as the Lord wants and will always do what pleases Him. Your lives will produce all kinds of good deeds and you will grow in knowledge of God.

In reflection, over the years, I can see the good works of the Lord, and I see how our lives produce good deeds as we grow in His knowledge and carry out His instruction for our lives.

When we live and operate our lives in the love of the Lord, studying and sharing His word, and keeping our commitment to Him, I believe He will hear our prayers and be faithful to answer, as He has committed to us. We must do our part and certainly take time to reflect on what, and how we are doing, and make changes, if and when, necessary. I believe then as Christians we will bring honour and glory to Him and He will be well pleased as we stay faithful in our service to Him.

Well folks, this was my reflective time yesterday and I must say I enjoyed every moment. I hope as you spent time with Him, you did as well.


Now let’s move into the fullness of this day reflecting on what we learned yesterday.


Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment