Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Monday, June 1, 2020

Pastor Caroline - June 1, 2020



Can you believe today is the first day of June? The months of this year are certainly slipping by.

Tell them what great things the Lord has done for you.
 David opens with this scripture, Mark 5:19.
In my Good News Bible this scripture reads:
(19) But Jesus would not let him. Instead, He told him, “Go back home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you and how kind he has been to you.” This is the story where Jesus healed a man with evil spirits. Please read the story in Chapter 5 verses 1-20 in the Gospel of Mark.


I love the reading today in the devotional Daily in His Presence, written by David Jeremiah. The man who David speaks about today in the reading is interesting indeed. When people call him to sell credit cards or vacation rentals he has the right idea. He takes the opportunity to tell them about Jesus because he already has them on the phone. This sounds exactly like what I do, so, he and I must be related. We are actually, he is my brother in Christ in the family of God.


When I am on the phone doing medical calls, business calls, personal calls or sometimes even get a wrong number I love to take the opportunity to share the Lord. I have already done this during this lockdown time and been able to speak with the lady who in fact was a wrong number, and now we speak on a weekly basis about the Lord. I thank God for that opportunity and hopefully one day soon I will get to meet this lady in person. When I’m on the phone I might say to someone, ”Are you enjoying this day the Lord has prepared just for you?, or “I am thankful God directed me to you because you have been most helpful”. I use every opportunity to mention the goodness of the Lord and often people have thanked me. You can tell when someone is down, or hurting, sad or happy. Every instance calls for the mention of the Lord. In whatever the case may be, you can say God will help you with that if you ask Him, would you like me to ask Him for you? Then You can pray with them if it is an opportune time for them, and if not tell them you’ll hold them in prayer the moment you hang up. And do just that! You may never know how it will change their day and yours! God will bless you for interceding on the behalf of someone else.

David is correct in paragraph two, we need to be very creative in sharing the gospel these days. While the gathering together as an assembly is on hold, the message is not! The message is loud and clear and as we minister on a one to one basis, perhaps we can be more personal, more understanding, take a bit more time to pray with someone on their behalf, before the One, who, we know hears our prayers. Don’t even let a different language stop you, as I found out in Mexico a couple
years ago. I could not speak Spanish but by using my hands and expressions they understood I was praying to God on their behalf. God knows the language of the heart and that is truly all that matters.

I want to do ministry as Jesus did. I want to follow His example. Do as He did, talk to people, one person at a time when necessary and in groups when the opportunity arises. I will never fill His shoes but I am willing to walk in His path. Love people, introduce them to the Lord and His ways, and tell everyone what great things the Lord has done for me and He will do for them. It is no secret what God has done and I am glad I can tell the world, or at least my part of the world, about our Father in heaven who wants to give good things to all His children.

Today when you are speaking with someone who perhaps does not know the Lord, tell them about the Him, God will take it from there and life could be changed forever because you told them! Praise God!

Have a great day in the beauty of the Lord.



No comments:

Post a Comment