Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Pastor Caroline - Wednesday March 24, 2021 - Trusting Our Source of Wisdom

 




I would like us to look at Proverbs Chapter 3 verse 5 in three different Bibles.

From the Good News Bible verse 5 reads as follows:

(5) Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know.

The Amplified Study Bible presents it this way:

(5) Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart And do not rely on your own insight or understanding.

Now in the New King James Version we read:

(5) Trust in the Lord with all thy heart; and lead not unto thy own understanding.

 

I used all three Bibles today to show you that you will find differences of sentence structure, however, they all mean the same and give the same instruction.

 

When I personally read this, I realize that I can count on (trust in) God with all my heart. Sometimes I get a notion or feeling that I am to do something or I am not to do something. I believe this is a nudge from the Lord leading me. He wants me to know, that from His point of view, this something is either right or wrong. I believe He knows better than I and I can trust in His nudging me, and I can confidently move forward knowing it is not my decision, but His.

 

I don’t know about you but I know I need God‘s strength, and I need Him to guide me, give me instruction, advise me, and lead me to the answers of life‘s many questions. This is why the Bible is such a source of information. We can look up a subject and be directed in the word of God as to where to find the answer. We are not to rely on what we think we know, for our knowledge is limited and His wisdom — is vast.

It is tested, tried, and true; in other words, the word of God has been recognized for over 2000 years as reliable, faithful, trustworthy and good. Now this is where we need to be drawing our daily instruction from!! Then we can move forward confidently knowing the word of God lights our path.

 

When we lean not on our own understanding; we can lean on, (press into and study) God‘s word.

 

We must believe in Him, trust in Him and pray to Him. If we do not believe in Him than our trust and prayers in Him are in vain. Our belief must be the lifeline that keeps us connected to Him. Love the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul as Jesus tells us to do in Matthew chapter 22 verse 37.

What if we change the word love, to know — know the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul.

To love and to know the Lord, is what we all must do to be able to “trust in the Lord with all your heart”, and to use His knowledge and wisdom; which is far better than all we will ever know in our human form. Hence, His instruction found in Proverbs chapter 3 verse 5 is powerful!

(5) Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what do you think you know.

 

May this word from the Lord guide you today and everyday, in all you do. Always seek His wisdom and trust in Him alone, and all your days will be greater still.


No comments:

Post a Comment