Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Pastor Caroline - Some Promises God Gives Us

 







Some Promises God Gives Us

 

In the early morning stillness

In the silence of the day,

As I look at God‘s creation

I can almost hear Him say –

“Good morning my child

Come and sit with me awhile

Pick up the Holy Bible

And I will make you smile.

As you read of all my promises

Just know they are all true,

I have written them down carefully

And they are meant just for you.

Pay very close attention

As I have structured your day from above,

I will walk closely beside you

Carrying you in mercy, grace and love”.

This was given to me just now as I sit with the Lord. Isn’t He wonderful?

 

A few of the promises of God that immediately come to mind are these and believe me these are just a few.

He promises to give me protection, provision, rest, to hear my prayers, and to strengthen me.

 

He promises to guide me, teach me, be with me in good times and hard times, to walk with me through the challenges of life.

 

He promises to take care of my daily needs, and to work out all things to His glory!! Wow this is a wonderful comfort, the comfort He promises.

 

There are so many promises of God that I cannot name each one. I recall Rev. Billy Graham saying once that there were over 7000 promises in the word of God. He said there were over 20 promises of God for every day in the year. So doing the math 20×365 days a year equals 7300. Now please do not ask me to list them for I surely will fall short.

 

God promises to never leave us or forsake us, He will fight our battles and always win. He is victorious and we live in that victory through Christ. He promises to love us, correct us, mould and shape us. To lay out plans for us to prosper and not bring us into disaster. Plans to bring about a good future for us.

 

God promises to rescue us, shelter us, keep us in times of trouble, remove our fear, build our faith, heal our sicknesses and redeem us. Oh the glory of the Lord is all over me as I write. Praise His holy wonderful and powerful name!

 

God promises to give us peace, hope, joy, wisdom and strength to face each new day – 365 days a year – every year until we are called home.

 

To end the story God also promises us, His Holy Spirit, His presence, forgiveness of our sins through Jesus, His Son, His power to strengthen us and His truth to set us free. He promises to one day open the doors of heaven and welcome us home. Our eternal life shall be with Him and we will learn more than we shall ever know here on earth.

 

In the early morning stillness, His promises are real and they are for us; to remind us He is in control of our day giving us assurance, mercy, grace and love. Now surely this will make you smile, and you will want to share the Good News with everyone you meet today.

 

Are you living in the promises of God?





No comments:

Post a Comment