Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Pastor Caroline - I Met a Man

 





I Met a Man

 

Psalm 51 verse 17 in the Good News Bible tells us;

(17) My sacrifice is a humble spirit, O God; you will not reject a humble and repentant heart.

 

I once met a man who told me, he could never go to heaven. His eyes were vacant, his voice was hollow and his body lacked life. I asked him why he was so down on himself, and he said, life really isn’t worth living, every day is the same old, same old. He did not look to the future he said because it constantly repeated his past. His past was horrific, he lied, cheated, stole and almost killed a man, he said.  I was a failure as a son, brother, husband and father he continued. How can someone like me ever expect to go to heaven? If I ever did anything good for someone I looked for payment for it. I remember as a boy I once brought flowers to a lady on our street because she was sick. She was a nice old lady who made cookies for us kids. I really wanted to make her feel good, and I did, she loved the flowers, however; I stole them from a graveyard. Now I think to myself, how awful. I live from day to day getting by the best way I know how. As I grow older I try now to do nice things for people but; too little too late as they say. God certainly is not waiting for me. He stopped talking as he waited for my response.

 

Quickly I said to him, oh but He is!! Then I took some time to tell him about the Lord and His love. I told him about A Man, named Jesus.

I shared with him Psalm 57 verse 17 and I told him if he goes to God with a humble spirit, that God will not reject him, especially when he repents before the Lord. God loves when we come to Him telling Him we realize how wrong we have been and still are. How we know we cannot do things on our own. He loves when we become dependent on Him and He rejoices when we realize and confess our need of Him.  He sees the brokenness in us and longs to make us whole. I told him God will create in him a new heart and I showed him in this very psalm where we are told about King David crying out to God with these words in verse 10

(10) Create a pure heart in me, O God, and put a new and loyal spirit in me.

 

God changed King David who certainly had a past that was not honouring to the Lord for sure, and he can change you.

When we come to God with a repentant heart and ask for forgiveness God is faithful to His word and He forgives us of our sin. In our opening scripture today we are reminded in verse 17 it says, in part;

…You will not reject a humble and repentant heart.

We must trust in God, and ask Him to change our heart and to put His heart into us. He will do that and we will be transformed, living the life He wants for us.

 

So today, just as I told that man, and am now sharing with you; turn all your past over to God and ask Him to forgive every sin, and accept His forgiveness. It is important to accept His gift of forgiveness, and soon you will see a changed you. Day by day you will grow in His love and soon you will exhibit His love and His nature and people will see a change in you. Then you can give a testimony to those you meet and this is how we share the gospel and the love of Christ.

 

Ask God to be with you today and all your tomorrows. He will show you His ways and day by day you can and will be more like Him. Remember every day to give praise, glory and honour unto the Lord who created you and loves you beyond measure.

He certainly is waiting for each and every one of us to one day; come home.

 

In this last years of this man’s life he did change because He accepted Jesus, and became a very kind, good and giving person. I believe today he resides in heaven with the Lord who brought beauty into his life and showed him how to truly live.

 

I pray today, you can say, I met a man – His name is Jesus. I accepted Him in my heart and I have never been the same. Since I met the Lord my life is changed and to Him I give all thanks for everything He has done for me. Jesus, my Lord and Savior.

My all in All.

 

Be sure to tell everyone about this man named Jesus!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment