Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Pastor Caroline - Seven Wonders of the World

 






Seven Wonders of the World


The teacher asked her students to make a list of the seven natural wonders of the world. The class set to work on the project for quite a while, and as time wore on some of the students finished the list. The teacher said the children could go outside for recess as each one finished. Eventually, only one little girl was left still at her desk writing. Then she smiled, wrote something, and jumped up, joyfully announcing that she was done and skipped happily out to play with the others. The teacher picked up the paper and read the following;
(1) Seeing
(2) Hearing
(3) Tasting
(4) Touching
(5) Running
(6) Laughing
(7) Loving

I personally would say this little girl appreciated the God-given gifts in her life.

This story is found in a book called Stories for a Faithful Heart containing over 100 messages to touch your soul, and compiled by Alice Gray. The title of the story I share with you today is Seven Wonders of the World and the above story is written on page 165 of the book I mentioned and it says Author Unknown.

I thought it was and is a lovely story and it seems to me this little girl was sharing the wonders of God, because all the wonders she wrote, are gifts from God. Seeing, hearing, tasting, touching, running, laughing and loving are things we often take for granted. To enjoy each wonder – or gift – in our day, to me is a wonderful reflection of how much God loves us. He gives us God given gifts.

In just the next few moments after I sent the book down, I heard in my head, seven things we can keep in mind when thinking about our God.
Thanks – Psalm 136:1
Faith – Hebrews 11:1
Hope- Jeremiah 29:11
Prayer - Philippians 4:6
Strength- Philippians 4:13
Love- 1 Timothy 1:14 and John 3:16 & 17
Rejoice- Psalm 118:24

When we have God in our lives, the God of love, we certainly want to give thanks. Our faith in Him carries us through the trials of life. Hope allows us to look forward believing all things are possible. To pray is to release all the thoughts we carry and bring them to our Heavenly Father. We talk to God and in doing so come closer to Him every day. His strength becomes our strength and His peace surrounds us and we become stronger still.

The love of God draws us close to Him, sustains us every day and keeps us until the day we go to be with Him forever through His gift of salvation. We rejoice every day in knowing how much He loves us.

Just like the little girl, I am in awe of the wonders God gives me every day.  Seeing, hearing, tasting, touching, running, laughing, and loving. As a mature woman in years, I am blessed by the gifts I live in every day.  Did you get that? I live in these gifts everyday along with thanks, faith, hope, prayer, strength, love and rejoice. To combine all 14 off these I must say I am overwhelmed by the goodness in my life and I hope you are as well.


Have a very blessed day in Jesus.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment