Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Pastor Caroline - Wednesday January 19, 2022 - God the King in All the Storms

 





God the King in All the Storms

 

Psalm 93- Good News Bible

 

(1) The Lord is King.

He is clothed with majesty and strength.

The earth is set firmly in place and cannot be moved.

(2) Your throne, O Lord, has been firm from the beginning, and you existed before time began.

 

(3) The ocean depths raise their voice, O Lord;

they raise their voice and roar.

(4) The Lord rules supreme in the heaven,

greater than the roar of the ocean,

more powerful than the waves of the sea.

 

(5) Your laws are eternal, Lord, and your Temple is holy indeed, forever and ever.

 

Today is Sunday and the day after the storm. (God is encouraging me to write this for Wednesday’s message as someone needs to hear the beauty in this message). Many people today are clearing the snow from their vehicles, driveways, walkways and roofs. The storm left behind a lot of snow and it is heavy to move.

 

But wait, before you take to clearing and disturbing the beauty just look around and breathe. Take a good look at everything dressed in white. Depending on where you are, the shades of white are different. Here in the country where I am, I can see shadows under the trees and in the picture I used for today the sun shines through a tree like a huge lightbulb. So beautiful! Breathtaking! I can see the majestic hand of the Lord in the storm and after the storm.

 

God took me to Psalm 93 this morning and as I sat quietly and read it, it speaks afresh to me on this day. I realize the majesty and strength of the Lord, however, most likely, I will never be able to fully comprehend the fullness of Him and His ways until I am in glory with Him. In the meantime, I am content to know He is the master of the wind and all the storms. He is greater than the roar of the ocean, more powerful than the waves of the sea we are told here in Psalm 93. Also we are assured that the earth is set firmly in place and cannot be moved. So in the storms of life we can settle in and make a choice to let God be in control or we can make a choice to fret, be worried and anxious which will only keep us in a tizzy as they say. I choose to rest in God, who is King of this world and the Heavenly Kingdom and rely on His strength and power appreciating all He is and does for us.

 

As we now look at Psalm 34 in the Good News Bible it says;

(1)  I will always thank the Lord; I will never stop praising him.

(2)  I will praise him for what he has done; may all who are oppressed listen and be glad!

(3)  Proclaim with me the Lord’s greatness; let us praise his name together!

When the storms of life come, the weather bombs, the physical storms, the spiritual storms, let us be reminded that God is with us. He will see us through the storms of all descriptions and when we believe with all our heart He is God the King, then we can be assured that He knows the beginning from the end and all that will be present between the two. His laws are eternal, His Temple is Holy and it is forever and ever!! (Psalm 93:5)

 

Now I rest in Him, I thank Him, I will never stop praising Him and I will proclaim His goodness until breath leaves my very body. And so should you. Taste and see how good the Lord is, in and out of the storm, He is —God the King!!

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment