Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Pastor Caroline - Wenesday December 1, 2021 - Boast Only in the Lord

 





Boast Only in the Lord

 

1 Corinthians Chapter 1 verse 29 in the Good News Bible reads;

(29) This means that no one can boast in God‘s presence.

 

As I read this full chapter in the Good News Bible entitled, Christ the Power and Wisdom of God, I realize that verse 29 is something we all should remember. Please take the time to read that full chapter so this this message will be more clear. It takes only a couple of minutes.

 

We cannot place ourselves above others. We are all equal in God‘s eyes. We may have different talents, using them daily to bring about glory for the Lord, but all talents are equal. God purposely calls us to serve Him.  Sometimes we feel we are not capable to do as He asks but, if we put our faith and trust in Him He will show us how to carry out the plan He has for us.

 

There have been times in my life when I said; “Oh no Lord I can’t do that, please ask someone else.” (Have you ever said that?)

Then low and behold I end up doing exactly what He asked me to do because  He enabled me to do so. His plan overtakes our no. My no, is it delayed yes to God. He knows the right time to bring about what He has, prepared me to do. He will do the same with you.

 

Ordinary people do extraordinary things because God enables them and God gets all the glory. One cannot boast knowing full well that without God leading them they never could have accomplished the task set before them. And people who know us well know what we can do on our own and what can be accomplished through us by the power of Christ. Christ is the power and the wisdom of God. (Verse 24).

 

When we depend on God it truly is amazing to see all that He will bring about to show people His presence is very near.

 

We must never boast in ourselves, for surely we could all say: “without the Lord this would have been impossible.“ We are weak but God makes us strong in Him.

 

 So when you accomplish a wonderful task that you know was beyond your capabilities, give credit where credit is due. Tell others, tell everyone, about the wonderful works the Lord has given you the privilege to do in His name. Do the best you can do and let God help you put the finishing touches on the tasks you complete, then give all glory to God.

 

Thank you Lord for all the good in my life and I realize that without You I would be nothing. I depend on You and You never fail me. May I always give all the glory to You so others see You and want to be Your child. Remind me every day of what verse 31 in 1 Corinthian says;

(31) So then, as the scripture says, “Whoever wants to boast must boast of what the Lord has done.”

 

The Lord has done great things for us and we are glad, we are told in Psalm 126 verse 3.  I want to give all glory to God. I want to boast of the love He has for us, so that it draws others to His heart. I want to shout;

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16 KJV.

 

Then, I want to give all glory to God!!

I shall not boast in me, for I am nothing without Thee.

Thank you Lord for everything!!





1 comment:

  1. Amen, Amen. I know in my own life I could not get from point A To point B without His help. He helps me do the thing I could not possibly do on my own. My prayer every morning is for God to help me throughout my day and help me shine for Him, and give me words of wisdom and help me to be ready to give an account of whom my hope is in and where my strength comes from. I can do nothing without God He strengthens me and walks before me and gives me the words in due seasons to answer those who ask. I just love how you share God's word, what a wonderful encouragement it is. May God bless you and continue to uphold you with His right hand. God bless His word to our hearts. Blessings Diane

    ReplyDelete