Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Pastor Caroline - Wednesday December 15, 2021 - Light Your Candle

 





Light Your Candle

 

John Chapter 1 Verse 5 says in the Good News Bible:

(5) Now the message that we have heard from his Son and announce is this; God is light, and there is no darkness at all in him.

 

There are many scriptures found in the Word concerning light. When we think of the darkness most of us also think of light. The dark of the night gives way to the light of a new day.

 And we can change the ambiance of a room by changing the depth of light.

 

I personally do not like a dark room. Every night when I retire to my bed, I turn on a small candle like electric light and it just gives enough light to soften the darkness. I enjoy being able to say my final prayers of the day to the Lord in the soft light. After I’ve drifted off to sleep my husband turns off my light every night before he retires. This little light (pictured above) by my bedside is what brings this message today because it is in the shape of a candle and it inspired me to think that perhaps others like the light more than the darkness as well.

 

The word of God says as we read in the scripture above, God is light, and there is no darkness at all in him. When I think of God I think of Him as light. I realize that in my darkest times of life during struggles and upsets; when darkness seemed to engulf me, I prayed; and the darkness lifted and I became able to see the light. The light; in how to make my situation less burdensome by being able to use knowledge and change the outcome. God provides us with knowledge and wisdom when we come to Him in prayer.

 

When we think of the light of Christ we think of His life. Often throughout the word of God we see the light of God, the life of God, and the word of God shared with us to bring us hope, peace and joy. How wonderful to know we need not dwell on the darkness of the world, but rather seek the scriptures and know that Jesus, the light of the world, will bring us to eternal life.

 

God did not intend for us to live in darkness as we are told in Genesis Chapter 1 verse 3; Then God commanded, “Let there be light — and light appeared”.

 

Today as I think of light, I think of happiness, contentment warmth and peace.

 

When we let our light shine we can change the mood or atmosphere around us especially if negative or unsettling thoughts are filling the space; we can bring joy into the room. You’ve often heard the expression, that person just lights up the room. Hopefully that person is you as you bring the light of Christ to all you say and do. When God leads us in tenderness, love, understanding, compassion, and care we bring light to those who may be in a dark place. We help them come into the light, we help left their burdens, bringing peace and joy to them.

 

Jesus said in Matthew Chapter 5 Verse 16; “in the same way your light must shine before people, so that they will see the good things you do and praise your Father in heaven”.

 

We are to be the light of Christ here on earth, we as Christians are children of the light and so may we shine for Jesus. May our light be what draws others to the very heart of God.

When we light a candle we put it on a high spot so the light radiates through the room. It disperses the darkness. When we live our lives with Jesus as our light, and have His light within us, we bring light to the area around us and therefore we are letting our light shine. So today and every day, light your candle before leaving your house in the morning and let that light shine all day. Pray to God and ask Him to make you a candle in the darkness and just watch as the light fills your day and the day of those who are in your presence. Tell them you are a candle for the Lord and you want your light to shine.

 

I remember singing, This Little Light of Mine. It was composed by Harry Dixon Loes.

 

This little light of mine

I’m gonna let it shine

This little light of mine

I’m gonna let it shine

This little light of mine

I’m gonna let it shine,

let it shine, let it shine, oh let it shine

 

Everywhere I go

I’m gonna let it shine

Everywhere I go

I’m gonna let it shine

Everywhere I go

I’m gonna let it shine

Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

 

Jesus gave it to me

I’m gonna let it shine

Jesus gave it to me

I’m gonna let it shine

Jesus gave it to me

I’m gonna let it shine

Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine

 

Let me close with Ephesians Chapter 5 Verses 8 and 9 from the Good News  Bible.

(8) You yourselves used to be in the darkness, but since you have become the Lord’s people, you are in the light. So you must live like people who belong to the light.

(9) for it is the light that brings a rich harvest of every kind of goodness, righteousness and truth.

 

Today let your light shine, be a candle in the darkness letting light shine wherever you go. Enjoy the harvest of goodness, righteousness and truth.

 

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment