Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Pastor Caroline - Wednesday November 3, 2021 - He Lifted Me Up

 






He Lifted Me Up

 

From The Good News Bible 

Psalm 37 verses 23 - 24

(23) The Lord guides a man in the way he should go and protects those who please him.

(24) If they fall, they will not stay down, because the Lord will help them up.

I like to pray this scripture in this way:

The Lord will guide me in the way I should go and protect me as I please Him. When I fall, He will not let me stay down for He will lift me up and I am so thankful for the promises found in His word.

Amen.

 

When we pray we take time to be with God. Are you taking time every day to be with the Lord and seeking His direction for your day? It is not hard to do — open your Bible and go to the book of Psalms, or whatever book you prefer, and just glance at the open page. Let your eyes fall to the words that “jump out” at you and then ask God to show you what they mean. Every day is a new day — a fresh start to a prayer perhaps you’ve never prayed before. We can use the word of God to pray through our day. As we look at today’s message from Psalm 37 verse is 23 and 24 it tells us that God guides a man in the way he should go. This means God gives us direction as to how we should live every day. The scripture I choose today tells me God:

(1) guides me

(2) protects me

(3) and will lift me up

 

When I apply these three promises to my day and the events therein, I can rest assured that He will be with me in all I do. What a wonderful way to start my day and to work through my day having this scripture as my guide and prayer, found in His word.

 

When we stay in the presence of the Lord through prayer, thought and deed we give honour to Him, thus pleasing Him. When we study the word and apply it to our lives and lifestyle we soon realize how God keeps us true to ourselves and to Him. Our decisions will be made under His wisdom and our actions will be divinely put into effect. Have you ever noticed when someone seems to have so much affliction that you might think they should give up? But they don’t!! Through it all they grow stronger. Somehow they just carry on; assured God will work out all things to His glory. And sure enough you meet them and they testify to the faithfulness and goodness of God who has turned their life around and all is well. Their faith, trust and hope in God has been rewarded to them by the grace of God working out all things. Glory hallelujah!

 

See God did not let them fall, He guided them and lifted them above their affliction. Only God can do that!

 

When we stay in the word, it pleases God because He loves when we read His love letter to us; and we grow stronger and stronger. It doesn’t seem to matter where I open my Bible I get something new every day and yes, this very book, which is well worn and its pages marked up and dog-eared is a wealth of information and tremendous prayer book to be. What a guide it has been to me over the years. And still, like this morning, this verse which we opened with still stirs my heart “to a fresh understanding.”

 

Today I thank God for guiding me, protecting me and lifting me up. I thank Him for His hands, those nail scarred hands that purchased my salvation and yours.  One day when His hand touches mine I will be forever in His presence realizing He truly has;

lifted me up!!

He will lift you as well when you stay in His presence. Enjoy the word and promises of God everyday before you head out to face the world. And for a good sleep every night, end your day in prayer thanking God for all your blessings and His care.

I love the Lord and I know He loves me too, and He loves you. Enjoy your day with Him.

 



1 comment:

  1. What a lovely reminder of God's love and care for us, He carries us through the storms of life's and helps us to shine for Him midst all circumstances. Thank you Pastor Caroline for your faithfulness in sharing these precious truths from His word, it is so very important to seek His guidance daily. May He continue to bless you for sharing His gift He has given you, it blesses our hearts more than you could know.

    ReplyDelete