Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Pastor Caroline - Wednesday November 24, 2021 - Fear





Fear


All scripture used today is taken from the Good News Bible.

 

How often have you heard someone say, I fear for what my future holds, or I fear for my job, my health, my security or I fear getting old? Surely you have heard all of these or at least one or two. And perhaps maybe even your very own ears heard your voice speak these very words.

 

Well I remember hearing fear presented this way;

F alse

E vidence

A ppearing

R eal

I separated the capitals so you could see the word fear.

 

Well only the devil wants us to remember this acronym and live under it. He wants to draw us away from God, by using fear. Well my brothers and sisters in Christ, I am not living under his fear and or his definition of it. When he presents problems and makes them appear real by giving me false evidence I go to the Lord. God has told us over and over in the Bible, “Fear Not”.

Apparently in the Bible we will find the words “fear not”  365 times (although I’ve never counted all of them), that is one for every day of the year. I figure if it’s written 365 times then God has us covered in times and situations that take our breath away. When fear comes, we should immediately look up and ask God for help. We must remember God and His instruction found in 2 Timothy verse 7.

(7) For the spirit that God has given us does not make us timid; instead, his Spirit fills us with power, love and self-control.

So this tells me God has not given us a spirit of fear, but instead power, love and self-control. Praise the name of the Lord!

 

Also in Philippians Chapter 4 verse 6 we read;

(6) Don’t worry about anything, but in all your prayers and ask God for what you need, always asking him with a thankful heart.

So when fear comes, pray – pray (instead of worrying) through fear and ask God to rest your anxious mind and your fearful heart. He will hear your prayer and then as we see in verse 7 here in Chapter 4 of Philippians

(7) And God‘s peace, which is far beyond human understanding will help keep your hearts and minds safe in union with Christ Jesus.

Oh how I love the word of God – there is always an answer.

 

Psalm 23 verse 4 was always a great comfort to me as a young person and still is today because the word of God never changes and never loses its power!

(4) Even if I go through the deepest darkness, I will not be afraid, Lord, for you are with me. Your shepherd’s rod and staff protect me.

As a child, I understood God protects and provides for us, because my grandfather once said to me; “Just as a shepherd looks after the sheep, God looks after us, we are His sheep”.

I never forgot that line.

And if God is with us at all times then who should we fear? Isaiah Chapter 41 verse 10 tells us;

(10) Do not be afraid – I am with you!

I am your God – let nothing terrify you!

I will make you strong and help you;

I will protect you and save you.

 

How powerful are the words of the Lord.

How assuring are the words of the Lord.

 

Again in Isaiah Chapter 43 verse 5 we are told yet again:

(5) Do not be afraid— I am with you!

 

When fear enters in, push it out with the word and the power of God. Ask God to help you think clearly and speak out your fear, and then just breathe – deep breaths until you are resting in the Lord. Worship the Lord, in song and praise and soon your fears will be replaced by the assurance that God is with you and you can trust in Him for peace.

1 John Chapter 4 verse 18 reminds us:

(18) There is no fear in love; perfect love drives out all fear.

 

The Lord assures us that He is more powerful than any fear or adversity we may encounter and when the devil wants to pull us down, God will raise us up, in His power and protection. We can only imagine how many times God has saved us from a tragedy as we may never know how close we came to this or that: and, His intervention kept us safe. Again I say, praise the Lord and thanks be unto Him who loves us so very much. As we give honour to Him we are grateful for His authority and power over our lives. He loves us and as we live in His perfect love because of our Saviour Jesus Christ. Now that we have accepted Him in our heart; we cannot even imagine life without Him. I am so thankful that I am never alone and neither are you; if you have Jesus as Lord.

 

So now my friends, here is an acronym on fear to replace the one we started with at the beginning of the message.

F ace

E verything

A nd

R ise

 Rise because Jesus lifts us up and He will never leave us or forsake us; says His word in Deuteronomy Chapter 31 verse 8.

(8) The Lord himself will lead you and be with you. He will not fail you or abandon you, so do not lose courage or be afraid.

 

Fear:

Face everything and rise!

and then, Fear not!!






1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful reminder of no matter what we face in this life hear on earth we need not fear, for God goes with us and is able to help us keep our focus on Him. He is in control of every situation and is able to impower us and carry us through. Amen Amen

    ReplyDelete