Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Pastor Caroline - Wednesday February 10, 2021

 



Today is Monday, February 8, 2021, and I just “need to” write my message for Wednesday, —— today.

Today a storm has passed through our county and now at 2 PM the snow falls gently from the sky as if God is sweeping off the rooftops in heaven. The snow has covered some trees completely in white and lightly brushed other trees with just a dusting of snow. Each tree now glistens in the sunshine that beams with light as if white lights are hidden in the branches and someone flicks a switch and behold, beauty; lights up the trees before me. Some trees have snowballs on them, just like Christmas ornaments, beautiful!! The mounds of snow (because of drifting), look like scoops of ice cream, vanilla of course.😊😊

How majestic and beautiful the scene is, the calm after the storm.

 

When I woke up this morning it was no time at all before I knew everything would be closed today. The wind blew, the snow swirled causing white outs and huge drifts, so immediately I claimed a day of rest, — well rest from the routine,— however, much plowing and shovelling had to be thought about and done before the temperatures dip tonight and perhaps we would not be able to even move the snow.

Change is as good as a rest, so they say, so Spencer plowed for hours and I shovelled that which needed to be done. My job was much easier than his I must admit. By early afternoon, we were cleared up enough that Spencer could head out to do his work, and I chose to stay home and write.  I am resting in the love of the Lord as I read Psalm 23 verses 1 to 3 from my Good News Bible.

(1) The Lord is my Shepherd;

I have everything I need.

(2) He lets me rest in fields of green grass and leads me to quiet pools of fresh water.

(3) He gives me new strength.

He guides me in the right paths, as He has promised.

 

Today after the storm, I realize God truly does look after us all. He takes us through the storm, He shelters us. He lets us rest, and now we see the beauty He bestows to us as we appreciate this winter wonderland.

 

When we think of quiet pools of water, there seems to be a peace and a calm in just that very thought. After our rest, we are refreshed, have new energy and are ready to carry on; as He leads us in the right paths as He has promised.

 

In this day, I pray you have a new revelation of rest, resting in His presence as you read His word, look at the beauty He provides, hear the quiet after the storm, realize and appreciate you are safe in His arms. This allows me call to mind a beautiful chorus of the song, Till the Storm Passes By

Here are the words to the chorus, and you may know it. You can bring it up on YouTube to listen to it.  ‘Til the Storm Passes By - Gaither Vocal Band (Lyrics)


Till the storm passes over

Till the thunder sounds no more

Till the clouds roll forever from the sky

Hold me fast, let me stand

In the hollow of Thy hand

Keep me safe till the storm passes by.

 

Just reading these words brings us to a place of rest. Now, I rest from a new position, a safe position in His presence. I thank God the storm is over and we are safe, no damage around us or to us, much to be thankful for. I have everything I need, my precious Lord to guide me and to shield me. I am blessed, and so are you.

 

Lord, thank you for your blessings, love, laughter, health, peace, joy, contentment, and happiness. May we all rest completely in you and in the finished work of the cross, today and every day; until Your return or until the day You call us to glory.

I am resting in the presence of the Lord and I pray you are as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment