Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Pastor Caroline - Wednesday January 20, 2021 - Psalm 100- A Hymn of Praise

 



Today as we read this beautiful Psalm over line by line we are reminded of God’s awesome presence. When we sing old or new hymns or old or new worship we are drawn close to the Father’s heart.

(1) Sing to the Lord, all the world! (— what a beautiful instruction), worship the Lord with joy; come before him with happy songs!  If you are singing you are most likely joyful. Lift up your voice to the Lord even if you cannot sing. Your voice sounds wonderful to Him for He longs to hear from you.

 

(3) Never forget the Lord is God. He made us, and we belong to him; we are his people, we are his flock.

Here in verse 3, it is made very clear as to Who made us. God created us, each one of us, uniquely different and amazingly special. He loves us, just as we are and He wants us to love and accept Him. He shepherds us every day. How beautiful it is to know the depth of His love.

 

(4) Enter the Temple gates with thanksgiving;

go into the courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise him.

Now, verse 4 invites us into the very place where God is. Any place we enter with thanks and praise God is present. It can be a church, a chapel in the hospital, the bedside of a loved one who perhaps is preparing their final days before going to glory. Wherever we are, He is present because God is everywhere. Sing, praise, give thanks, laugh and be joyful in His presence.

 

(5) The Lord is good;

his love is eternal

and his faithfulness last forever.

What a promise we see here in verse 5, His love is eternal and His faithfulness last forever.

No wonder we can make this bold statement,

The Lord is good!!

Have you ever wondered why everyone in the world would not want to love and accept the Lord God Almighty? I have and for the life of me I just cannot understand why some people do not want to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. I could not do one single day in my life without knowing Jesus. Every morning I am so thankful for His love, protection and provision for my life and the life of my family and friends.

 

I hope you take time to read the psalm over again and meditate on each line.

I love to read verse 3 like this;

Never forget the Lord is God.

He made me, Caroline, and I belong to him;

I am his person, I am his flock.

 

This tells me who I am and whose I am. This one verse, verse 3; makes my day special. No greater love can I ever know than the love of God! This alone gives me reason to sing to the Lord, every day..

(This little chorus comes to my mind, if you know it, perhaps sing it out loud. It will do your heart good).

 

         Ascribe Greatness

Ascribe greatness to our God the rock

His work is perfect

And all His ways are just

Ascribe greatness to our God the rock

His work is perfect

And all His ways are just

 

A God of faithfulness

And without injustice

Good and upright is he

A God of faithfulness

And without injustice

Good and upright is he.

 

(Words and music by Peter West/Mary Kirkbride/Mary-lou Locke)

 

The words to the piece are beautiful and came to mind as I finished writing this morning. We used to sing this years ago and the message still rings true today.

 

Have a beautiful day in Jesus and please stay in touch with our web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment