Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Pastor Caroline - Wednesday January 13, 2021



Psalm 40 Verses 4-5




In the Good News Bible, Psalm 40 verses 4 and 5, read as follows:

(4) Happy are those who trust in the Lord, who do not turn to idols or join those who worship false gods.

(5)You have done many things for us, O Lord our God; there is no one like you!

You have made many wonderful plans for us.

I could never speak of them all —  their number is so great!

 

Isn’t it true? God has done so many wonderful things for us, it is difficult to recount them all. When our trust is in the Lord we are not counting on anyone else, including ourselves, to see us through this life, we understand, only God knows all —  from the beginning to the ending of time. We know we are safe and secure in His arms, resting in His peace that goes beyond what we can even understand. We place our life in His hands, as well as our eternal life. There is a joy that overcomes us when we think of how majestic God is and so that makes it easier to fully trust in Him.

 

We must give thanks always for the many things He has done for us. The list is endless, from His plan for our life even before we are born, to His purpose and plan for our lives from the day we come into this world until the day He calls us home. Just meditate on that for a few minutes.

 

At the beginning of this year I asked out loud, “Lord what will this year bring?”  He said, “only I know, and you need only to trust in me”.  Another wow moment!

I was at once put to rest in my thoughts, released from any fear, felt a calm over my spirit, had an understanding that each day is gifted to me, and mercy and grace are new to me each morning. That was amazing, and still is each time I think of it.

He reminded me that He calms the storms of life and teaches us new things in all circumstances and challenges. He sets us up for success when we allow Him to direct our path and place ourselves in His service. In our weakness we find His strength and we need Him more every day. He blesses us with peace, as we are told in Psalm 29 verse 11 in the Good News Bible. It reads,

 (11) The Lord gives strength to His people, and blesses them with peace.

I, personally stand on the word of God and all the promises found within.

 

When we learn to accept each day as it is presented and trust our actions to the guidance of our Lord, then we need not be anxious, worried, afraid, unsure, intimidated, or stressed; to name just a few. That certainly relieves a heavy weight from our shoulders each day wouldn’t you say?

 

So let’s stand tall in His presence, give thanks for all He has done, is doing, and will do in our lives. Let’s share with others how God cares for us, loves us, protects and provides for us, and how He sent His only son to die for us; to save us; so that one day we can enjoy eternity with Him.

 

I personally cannot list all the wonderful things God has done for me over my lifetime, but I can tell you I would rather have Jesus than silver or gold. (Just  a few words from an old hymn that came to mind just now), all things in this world will one day be gone, but Jesus is our eternity! I choose to walk hand-in-hand with Him in faith until one day my faith shall be sight!!

 

God is my Lord and provider in whom I trust and this is why I am happy every day. As the psalm says, happy are those who trust in the Lord. I am happy, grateful and thankful.  How about you?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment