Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Sunday October 11, 2015

Some notes from Sunday's service.  (Thanks, Heather)




Well as very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!! :)  Hope you were able to spend some time with friends and family over a turkey dinner, whether Canadian, or Canadian at heart ;) 

 
With Pastor Caroline and Dr. Barclay still away, there is no 'Something to Think About' to report. But we had another great message from Pastor Todd from Shoreline Gathering Point, but OHHH so much one of us! :)

The Message
- There's a story of a man who went mountain climbing by himself. He got to the top, saw a storm coming and started his pursuit back down. With the fog so thick and not being able to see up or down, he just hung there. After praying to God for help he heard 'Let go!'. 'Let go God?! and what, fall to my death?! No I cannot see!'. When the fog disappeared, the man could see that he was merely just feet from the ground.
- Isn't this like us?! We pray, asking, seeking, but we don't 'believe' the answer... And God's saying 'I've done everything and you still don't believe?!'
- W-5
- In WHOM do I believe?
- The Government?... I'm sure they have Canada's interest as a whole in mind, but not mine.
- The Banks? Not out for MY best interests
- The economy?
- Nature?
- Karma?
- Family?
- Do I believe whole-heartedly on my God?
- He took my sin away... even way back then, before I was born!
- My entire life depends on  my belief on Him
- Proverbs 3:5,6
- Will he steer me wrong? NO, but I've often blamed things on Him.
- WHAT do I believe?
- Why is it that churches are shrinking but Apple is growing... ISIS is growing... Banks are growing...
- There are just sooo many voices!
- Matthew 5:11
- Do I test peoples words against the Word?
- Do I believe the Word to be true?
- WHERE do I believe?
- Now, sitting at church... when I leave the church...
- WHEN do I believe?
- "Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words." - Francis of Assisi
- Church... gathering of the faithful, but where's my community?!
- When?! Wherever I am!.. There IS an expiry date on me!!
- Rev 8:7
- WHY do I believe?
- The truth is found all around me!
- I don't need to prove Him to others. Why do they want me NOT to believe?
- Proof is in Scripture, in artifacts...
- If I believe and am wrong... If I believe and am right... if I don't believe and I'm wrong... if I don't believe and am right... in each scenario, we all end up pushing up daisies. ONE difference, I live a selfish, empty, joyless life... or live in God's love, sharing that love to those around me.
- I believe because it's Truth!
- Psalm 46

We closed the night with this song. Take a few minutes to listen...

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment