Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Pastor Caroline - Your Prayer Time

 





Your Prayer Time.

Thessalonians Chapter 5 Verses 16 to 18 from the Good News Bible.

(16) Be joyful always, (17) pray at all times, (18) be thankful in all circumstances. This is what God wants from you in your life in union with Christ Jesus.

 

When is a good time to pray? I say, anytime; night or day. Whenever you feel the urgency, need or want a conversation with the Lord, go ahead and pray. Prayer is simply conversation with God and He loves to hear from us.

 

Daily prayers keep us close to God. It blesses not only ourselves but those we pray for and with. Pray for family, friends, strangers, the sick, lonely, those imprisoned and especially the lost. We can invite God into each heart and life; and strengthen our own lives as we give ourselves over to prayer time with the Lord. We serve the Lord in a beautiful way when we pray for others.

 

Be sure to pray with a sincere and contrite heart. A sincere heart that is sorry and remorseful for a sin committed, comes to the Lord asking for forgiveness and should declare to the Lord they will refrain from such action in the future. This heart is ashamed because they know they have committed sin and are now repentant and humble before the Lord. God sees this heart and hears this prayer. Let God speak to your heart when you come to Him in a prayer of repentance.

 

Pray to God in worship. Praising Him in word and song. Oh how He loves to hear our voice in a whisper or shout; as we acknowledge His greatness. He is Lord of all, Almighty and Powerful, our Lord and Savior; glory to His blessed name!

 

What holds you back from praying? Some might say;

(1) I don’t know how to pray.

(2) It’s too late for me to pray

(3) I have too much guilt to pray to God

(4)  I fear I am not good enough.

(5) Don’t have time to pray, it takes hours right?

(6) Too many other things going on in my life. I am too busy to pray.

(7) God would never hear me…

These are just some of the reasons I’ve heard over the years when I ask people if they pray.

Then, I assure them that God is not wanting to hear excuses, He just wants them to speak to Him. He is waiting patiently for everyone to come to Him in prayer. He wants you to get to know Him for He already knows you and loves you. He’s waiting to have a conversation with you, hence, He listens morning and night, all day, all night for that one voice who will cry or call out to Him.  He is waiting for you!!!

His line is “Prayer – 24/7”. (Not a real number) 😊 Easy way to remember to pray. You do not use the phone, computer or any other device, you just close your eyes and speak. So easy!! You will feel yourself being made quiet from your day and a peace will come over you. It is so beautiful!!

 

Ask God to show you His will for your life. He has a purpose and a plan for every individual. It tells us in Jeremiah Chapter 29 Verse 11 and I quote from my Good News Bible:

(29) I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for.

Then Verse 12 tells us:

(12) Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, I will answer you.

What a beautiful scripture to know and treasure. God cares for us, loves us, has plans for our lives, hears our prayers and answers them.

 

So today, I encourage you to take some time with the Lord pray to Him. Thank Him. Enjoy your time in His presence.

 

Let me get you started in prayer.

Heavenly Father, I come to you in prayer. Today I offer myself to You so please show me what You want me to do today that brings glory to You. Perhaps I can pray with someone, or run an errand, or be a listening ear. Show me Lord how to be a servant and move in Your ways. In the name of Jesus I pray Amen

 

Now be sure to lift your voice often – God is listening! He loves when you spend time with him. Enjoy your prayer time, every day.


1 comment:

  1. Amen Amen, Lord exercise our hearts to be more prayerfully minded. Help us to lift our hearts in prayer throughout the day, confessing, praising, and laying our request before you the all mighty God knowing that you hear us and care for us. Help us be ready to shine for you. In Jesus name Amen 🙏

    ReplyDelete