Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Pastor Caroline - Wednesday February 16, 2022 - The Snowball Tree

 




The Snowball Tree

 

As I looked at this tree yesterday morning, with every branch having a snowball on it

I thought of the beauty within. After the storm and the gray skies, the sun is high in the sky shining beautifully on every snow covered tree. They stand in their beauty. What a picture! This, I am sure must be a delight to an artist who can capture on canvas what God provides for our pleasure.

 

The picture you see today, I sent to my friend Bill telling him I was up all night decorating my snowball tree. I told him I was tired now, ha ha. He sent me back a message – good job! He is always so encouraging.

 

I saw the “beauty within” as I studied this tree, which made me think of God, and how He sees the beauty within each one of us. We are all so different and our outside appearances can change daily with a change of clothing, a new hairstyle, a positive attitude, and / or happy heart. You see what I mean. If all is going well then we tend to put on a happy face. If life is full of troubles and woes, then we carry this on our shoulders and our face shows the strain. But, there is beauty within – no matter our exterior, beautiful or handsome, plain or ordinary, there is beauty within.

 

Let me tell you about my uncle. One would not say he was handsome or good looking according to the standard of the world. He was not gifted with good looks as they say. His beauty was within – he had a heart as big as the world – he was a confident, happy, contented man who loved himself and loved others. Every action he did, he did for someone else. He always put others first, rarely ever thinking about himself. His first waking thought in the morning was, what can I do for my wife and daughters today. I would visit over the weekend because I loved being in his presence. He got great pleasure out of pleasing others. After he had done for the family what needed doing, he would go and help his neighbors. He loved the Lord and I believe that love grew daily within him causing his inner beauty to shine on the outside. I never met anyone who did not speak highly of my uncle. Even though he was not “good looking” he always “looked good” because of “the radiance of the Lord all over him”.

 

People look at the outward appearance but the Lord looks at the heart, is a saying I often heard him say. At that time I did not know it was scripture. It is found in 1 Samuel chapter 16 verse 7 and I’ll share that with you as it reads from my Good News Bible;

(7) But the Lord said to him, “Pay no attention to how tall and handsome he is. I have rejected him, because I do not judge as man judges. Man looks at the outward appearance, but I look at the heart.”

 

When we keep our heart pure before the Lord the beauty rises up within us and spills to the outside in love, love of ourselves and love of others. Not a selfish love but a love that is kind, giving and caring, a sacrificial love, the love that Jesus wants us to have and display to the world every day. The beauty within us is seen on the outside as we serve the Lord and those in our presence with love. Which brings me to 1 Corinthians chapter 13 verses 4 to 8, again from the Good News Bible.

(4) Love is patient and kind; it is not jealous or conceited or proud;

(5) Love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep a record of wrongs;

(6) Love is not happy with evil, but is happy with truth.

(7) Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.

(8) Love is eternal.

As I read this my uncle was, patient and kind, never jealous, conceited or proud, was not an ill-mannered, selfish or irritable man. He never spoke of his past mistakes or those of others. He kept no record of wrongs. He was not an evil man, but rather loved to do good for everyone. And he saw the good in others, the beauty within. He was love on the inside and love on the outside. I believe today with all my heart he is enjoying love eternal in heaven with Jesus, his Lord and Savior. He truly lived 1 Corinthians chapter 13 verses 4 to 8.

 

I just know he made an impression on my life (well over 50 years ago) and it took years for me to grasp the understanding of; people look at the outward appearance but the Lord looks at the heart, as he would say to me. There were times I felt not quite as good, or as pretty, or smart or talented as the other girls in the family and my uncle would say – your beauty comes from within because God lives within you in Caroline.  Of course I didn’t understand that back then at the tender age of 10, but as I grew in years, I grew to understand more of what he meant. He spoke beauty into my life.

 

Tuesday, when I saw the snowball tree, and the beauty within; God brought to my mind my uncle and his wise words to me. This is what inspired this message today and I pray this story touches your heart and you find “your” beauty within. Give thanks to God who looks not at your outward appearance but sees your heart.

He sees – the beauty within.

 

By the time you read this message the snowballs will be gone because Wednesday is supposed to be a warm day and melting will take place. But remember; the words you speak into someone’s life will remain a lifetime. God will bring them back just as he did for me on Tuesday, as it is many years since my uncle’s passing but his words ring like music in my ears.

Enjoy your day giving thanks to God.




1 comment:

  1. This is such a wonderful truth, I told my kids this exact thing as they where growing up. Peir pressure can really make them feel inadequate so Important that we all know it's what's on the onside that counts. Praise be to God.

    ReplyDelete