Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Pastor Caroline - Wednesday October 20, 2021 - Your New Day

 




Your New Day

 

Psalm 62 verse 5 in the Good News Bible reads:

(5) I depend on God alone; I put my hope in him.

 

Yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never be mine is an old saying (from an old song perhaps?) I used to hear my mother say. This is so true.

I cannot today, change the events of yesterday, and today, I cannot predict the events of tomorrow. Today I start a new day, the moment I open my eyes to a new morning. Before I get out of bed, I say good morning to the Lord and I thank Him for this new day. I also lift a prayer, asking Him to guide me as I serve Him today. Perhaps I can make someone’s day a little more pleasant by doing something for them. Maybe I can visit or speak on the phone with someone who is a shut-in for whatever reason. A smile goes a long way when I see someone down in the dumps as they say. Buying a coffee for the person behind me in a line up lets that person know someone cares.

 

As I listen to God first thing in the morning He sets my day up to be a good day. I expect Him to stay with me all day because His word tells me in Isaiah chapter 40 verse 31;

(31) But those who trust in the Lord for help will find their strength renewed. They will rise on wings like eagles; they will run and not get weary; they will walk and not grow weak.

This is a powerful verse reminding me that my strength is renewed and then I will not get weary and I will not be weak. I am off to a good start in my new day. I can depend on God alone; as I put my hope in Him.

 

Proverbs chapter 3 verse 6 in the Good News Bible tells us;

(6) Remember the Lord in everything you do, and he will show you the right way.

This tells me God will make clear my path so every day I trust in His word and instruction for my life. He wants me to have a good day, a day filled with His goodness and joy and for me to share that with others. When I spend time with God, reading His word, lifting prayers of praise, thanks and intercession, and listening for His direction for this day expecting all to be well; then, I can have a good day in Him. Seek the Lord with all your heart and your new day will be filled with the joy of the Lord.

 

As you take personal time with God first thing in the morning He will share with you the plan He has for your day. He will teach you how (1) to balance your day from the pressures and the pleasures this day will bring, (2) to exercise self-control, and (3) to encourage those around you as you are a blessing to those in need.

 

We all can be instrumental in creating a positive impact on the life of someone we meet today. Jesus, through us, can change the very life of someone we sit with today, through our conversation or our helping hand. They will see Jesus in us and want to know more about Him because our life is a testimony of His mercy, grace and love.

 

I once read this little line and it stayed with me;

— If you are too busy to start your day with God

Then, you are busier than God intends you to be.—

This is so true.

 

So take those precious moments with the Lord when you awake and start your new day with Him. Once you start to do this; I assure you; you will be glad you did. Your day will be so much better with God than without Him. He will empower you to be the best you – you can be!! Enjoy your new day - every day – with the Lord as you awake to the fresh start of each day and to His purpose and plan for your life.

 

        This is Your New Day!!





No comments:

Post a Comment