Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Pastor Caroline - Wednesday September 29, 2021 - Relationship Wednesday

 



Relationship Wednesday

 

Psalm 34 verses 1 to 3

(1) I will always thank the Lord; I will never stop praising him.

(2) I will praise him for what he has done; may all who are oppressed listen and be glad! (3) Proclaim with me the Lord’s greatness; let us praise his name together!

 

Over our lifespan we will have different types of relationships. We have family relationships, brotherly and romantic relationships and we have our relationship with God. All relationships require work and attention. We must put forth an effort to build our relationships.

 

Hopefully our first relationship with family, (our parents), begins to show us how to care about each other. When we are babies they do all the caring for us and as we grow and learn under their direction we begin to establish how to treat others and how to trust others. If we have had good loving parents who provided and protected us, who lead us in the right direction of life, then when we grow up we will have a healthy respect and love for them. We will want to do all we can to honour them for the love that they have given us.

 

Our brotherly relationships are of course that with our brothers and sisters in our family unit. As we get older we may have those who are not blood related but chosen to be a brother or sister in our life. We build a relationship with them and our brothers and sisters of blood, that shows us we can count on each other through thick and thin. We can share our deepest thoughts and confidence with them and seek their advice. Our relationship grows strong in love and action with one another.

 

Then we meet someone we fall in love with, thus bringing forth that romantic relationship, well that certainly is exciting. We want to share all our time together, getting to know each other, sharing our likes and dislikes. As we become more fond of one another our relationship begins to be a bond we will share over a lifetime with each other and we step into marriage, taking each other until death do us part.

 

Every relationship takes time, effort, education, and willingness to change. We must be honest with ourselves and others, learn to be humble, be a good helper and listener, be willing to learn and teach. Be trustworthy, kind, patient and add a whole lot of fun to our relationship. Honour and respect are a must in a healthy happy relationship.

 

Now let’s look at our relationship with the Lord. I could speak all day on this however, the Lord took me to Psalm 34 and whispered the word “relationship” to me. So I read the full Psalm and today I see it differently because He brings it to me in terms of relationship. I realize, as you will when you read the full Psalm, what He was saying. Let me share with you what I now feel is important in my relationship with my Heavenly Father.

Having God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, I realize how very fortunate I am. I always want to thank God for all He has done for me over my years here on earth. I never want to stop praising Him!

 

In this Psalm our relationship has many things to be thankful for. It tells us God has done much for us, He listens to us. He answers our prayers, frees us from our fears. He looks after the oppressed. Those who are helpless call to Him and He saves them from their troubles. He sends angels to guard those who have reverence for Him.  He rescues us from danger. He promises to meet our daily needs. He teaches us to speak truth, do good, to walk away from evil and telling lies so that we will have peace in our hearts. He tells us He is near when we are discouraged and He saves the lost.  He reminds us we will suffer, however; He will save us from our suffering. He will protect us, and we will be spared. All this is found in this Psalm. This is a relationship that is full of promise from the Lord. I believe when we look closely at this, it teaches us how to have our earthly relationships in good order.

 

In our relationship with God as our Lord and Savior, and the One who guides our lives; our family, brotherly and romantic relationships can be healthier, happier and more wholesome. So proclaim with me the Lord’s greatness and let us praise His name forever as we read in verse 3.  When we all put our faith, trust and hope in God we can be assured our relationship with Him will never fail. And we know He will help us build strong relationships with family, friends and loved ones because He directs our path and He will never lead us astray. Praise the name of the Lord! I am happy and content in my relationship with Him, and thankful for His guidance in my relationships that I enjoy here on earth. How about you?

 

Proclaim with me the Lord’s greatness; let us praise His name together!

Be blest in this day and in all your days.




No comments:

Post a Comment