Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Pastor Caroline - Wise Words

 




Wise Words

 

In a book called, Life Wisdom from Billy Graham, I happened upon these words;

Tears shed for self are tears of weakness, but tears shed for others are a sign of strength.

God wants us to have compassion on those who are suffering and do what we can to help.

 

These are great words of wisdom and over the past few weeks many tears of sorrow have been shed as a number of funerals have taken place in our community. Many families are grieving their loss and will walk their journey of grief with the Lord by their side as they turn to Him for comfort. God understands grief as He grieved the loss of His precious son Jesus; and so He knows all the emotions that overtake us during our journey. He is there to be by our side, to never leave us alone as He shares in our sorrow.

 

In our tears for ourselves, in our weakness, we need to turn to God for strength. Only He knows how to give us the strength we need to come through our grief. Only He can turn our heartache into joy. We feel it is not possible and yet I know from experience how He can. In 1989, I lost 6 of my family and 15 friends, so I attended 21 funerals and I thought I would never be able to move forward. His strength allowed me to take one step at a time, one day at a time, until He turned my sorrow into joy. He took away my pain and filled me with joy, giving me special moments that brought to mind my loved one, (who was in my mind at the time), bringing them close to me in spirit. Now my memories are precious of each one of them, and I can speak about them with a heightened sense of love as I wait to be reunited with them in heaven. What joy that will be when we are all together once again, knowing separation will never be an experience we have in heaven. Hallelujah.

 

Tears shed for others are a sign of strength. I remember when people cried for me and with me, I drew on their strength because somehow I knew their tears were tears of compassion in my sorrow to comfort me. It gave me great comfort to know I could share my real and true emotions with them and they were willing to stand by me. All the love and strength of friends is truly known to us in the silence of their words, in the shedding of their tears and in the comfort of a hug that holds you so close it tells you it is all right to cry and let your emotions be released. This is when you know they are carrying your burdens to help lighten your load. Thank God for friends we can depend on and lean into. They are treasure God sends to see us through.

 

As you do for others in times of sorrow please know you are the hands and feet of Jesus, being sent out to minister to the needs of the very one, who, at this time, need strength from others more than they know. In the loss of a loved one at any age of life and / or for any reason – our heart breaks. It is so very hard to say goodbye. We are never ready to say goodbye. We all ask why? We all say, if only. We all break in two, and feel as if a piece of our heart has been removed. This is all normal. I guess the only way to say goodbye for me was when I took the opportunity to say;

“I loved you always and will love you forever, until we meet again, please watch over me. Thank you for the life you shared with me, the laughter and the tears we experienced together, and the love we have for one another. Until we meet again, I will carry beautiful and precious memories of our life shared because you were so very special to me.”

 

Today, as we come alongside those who suffer, let us have patience, giving them the time they need to grieve,  love to help them through, a helping hand for whatever needs to be done, and a caring heart to help alleviate the pain and suffering. Tell the person you will be there for them and follow through. Let’s remember what the Lord tells us in Psalm 145 Verse 9(GNB)

(9) He is good to everyone and has compassion and all He made.

 

His compassion and strength will be given to us in good measure so that we can give to those who need us now. God never fails!! He will comfort each one as only He can.





No comments:

Post a Comment