Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Pastor Caroline - Wednesday July 7, 2021 - The Lord, Our Shepherd

 





The Lord, Our Shepherd


In Psalm 23 the Psalmist says in verse 4, in the Good News Bible:

(4) Even if I go through the deepest darkness, I will not be afraid, Lord, for you are with me.

Your shepherd’s rod and staff protect me.

 

We as Christians take great comfort in Psalm 23. I learned to sing this Psalm at a very early age. I personally come to this Psalm when I am happy and when I am sad. Every time I read or sing it, it reminds me that God is my Shepherd, in Whom I can trust. I can depend on God to look after me physically, mentally and spiritually.

 

On the farm the shepherd tends to the sheep and always knows where to lead them for good food, cool water, and a safe place to sleep. If for any reason one of the sheep goes astray, the shepherd leaves the flock and seeks out the lost one. He brings it safely back to the flock where it enters the fold once again and feels safe. Sheep are comfortable when they know the shepherd is close by, they sense his presence and feel safe. This is how we are as Christians, knowing we are safe in the care of the Lord, our Shepherd.

 

So even when we go through the deepest valley — or darkness — of life, we can be confident that God is with us. We are His flock. He is our Shepherd and just as David the Psalmist, who was a shepherd himself, protected his flock, he also is it is in God’s flock and God is the Shepherd who looked after David and looks after us. We all are sheep who depend on God for everything we have. As we face troubles, heartache, pain, and uncertainty; God will care for us, when we are dependent upon Him. He will protect and lead us through the darkness. Glory hallelujah!!

 

In Ezekiel Chapter 34 Verse 31 we read: (Good News Bible)

“You, my sheep, the flock that I feed, are my people, and I am your God”, says the Sovereign Lord. This is a wonderful chapter to read, from verses 11-31 entitled, The Good Shepherd.

 

There is no need for us to be afraid, as God takes away our fear when we stay strong in our faith. We know His word will come to us in our time of need. God promises in His word to meet every need, and when we recite verse one we can be confident that God will stay true to His word. Verse one tells us,

The Lord is my shepherd, I have everything I need.

When I say this or sing this one line I feel a strength go through me. I am comforted by this one verse so just imagine the comfort and peace I have when I read every line of the 23rd Psalm. I am refreshed, my soul is watered by the anointing I feel when this whole Psalm comes alive in my heart and mind.

 

Verse 6 reads;

(6) I know that your goodness and love will be with me all my life; and your house will be my home as long as I live.

This is such a beautiful truth and we can go through every day enjoying the goodness and love from our heavenly Father, when we accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour. As we spend our life here on earth knowing God by studying His word, we realize when we live for Him and by His instruction to us, we can enjoy life, even in tough times; for we know He will take care of us. As long as we live here we live in expectation of our heavenly home and eternal life. As we ponder what that may hold for us, our hearts are filled with joy knowing God is with us here and will be with us there, in heaven, forevermore. So whether we are living here or living in eternity, God is always and forever our Shepherd and He will guide and protect us as He promises.

 

One day a banquet will be prepared for us and we will enter heaven as an honoured guest as we are told here by the Psalmist. Is it any wonder I love this Psalm? Such hope and promise is written here. Such peace and strength can be drawn from this very passage. And I feel completely wrapped in the love of God.

How about you?






No comments:

Post a Comment