Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Pastor Caroline - Wednesday June 2, 2021 - What Day Is This?

 




What Day Is This?

 

What day is this? Don’t you hear people asking this all the time lately? Because people are out of their regular routine the days of the week all seem the same. So the calendar today tells us that it is Wednesday, June 2nd, and that is true. I love when someone says to me, “What day is this?”, and I can say with confidence; “This is the day the Lord has made!!”

It is always a good way to introduce the Lord if they do not know Him, or to immediately go to prayer with a fellow Christian. So therefore it is a good day; this day that the Lord has made.

 

Now let’s look at the word of God as I go to Psalm 118 verse 24 in my Good News Bible and it reads as follows;

(24) This is the day of the Lord‘s victory; let us be happy, let us celebrate.

 

Just reading that very verse starts our day off on a good foot, for any day that we have victory we tend to be happy and it may cause us to want to celebrate.

Knowing Jesus as Lord and Saviour certainly is reason to celebrate. And when we spend time in His word it causes our hearts to be happy and we understand the victory we have in Jesus.

 

As I cast my eyes over the complete Psalm of 118 I read words such as;

Thanks -      verse 1

Trust -          verse 8

Power  -       verse 10

Saved me -  verse 14

Proclaim -     verse 17

Righteous -   verse 20

Victory -         verse 21

Success  -     verse 25

Bless  -           verse 26

Greatness  -   verse 28

 

Now perhaps when you read this Psalm there will be other words that will stand out to you and you can use those to build a prayer. Wow, when I read the words that I’ve listed above I immediately wanted to put them to prayer. When we do this type of exercise with the word of the Lord, taking words that stand out to us, and applying them to our lives, we could and should have a good day, every day.

So please let me share my prayer with you using the above words, (which I will put in quotation marks) and then perhaps you could write your own prayer using these words, or others from the Psalm to make your day shine as you sit in His presence for awhile.

 

Father, I give “thanks” to you for my life. I “trust” you know all that should take place for me in this day. Your “power” strengthens me and equips me to face and conquer each challenge. You “saved me” Lord, for a day such as this, and so I ask that you direct my steps and allow me to bring glory to you. I shall “proclaim” your goodness, love and mercy to those I meet today. Today, I stand “righteous” before you because of the gift Your Son brought to the world on the day of His crucifixion, and I have accepted His payment for the debt I owed. “Victory” is mine today because of Jesus’ resurrection and ascension to you Lord, to where He intercedes on my behalf. As I commit this day to you Lord I know whatever I do, Your plans will succeed; as I read in (1 Kings chapter 2 verse 3), and therefore “success” shall be mine in this day.

I will “bless” you Lord in all I do, I will bless your mighty name for You have greatly blessed me in too many ways to recount. Your “greatness” will empower my day and only in your greatness can I be bold, confident, determined, and ready to do a good work that you have already prepared for me for this day. I am thankful God that you have my day - and all I need to do is to wait on You, hear Your voice and with Your help and guidance, accomplish all that You have planned.

What day is this? This is a good day in the Lord, a day in which I will be grateful and choose to be kind and loving to my fellow man.

And I will,

(29) Give thanks to the Lord, because He is good, and His love is eternal. (Verse 29 in Psalm 118)

What day is this?

This is a good day in You Lord!

Praise Your Mighty Name.

Amen.

 

I pray you will take time to do an exercise such as this and enjoy being in the word of God. It truly is beautiful reading His love letter written especially to us to bring every one of us into a good day with Him.

 

Enjoy this day as it is a gift and remember, it is the day the Lord has made.




No comments:

Post a Comment