Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Pastor Caroline - August 26. 2020 - Psalm 23- (In Part)

 






Let’s look at Psalm 23 verses 1, 2 and 3 from the Amplified Study Bible.


(1) The Lord is my Shepherd (to feed, to guide and to shield me),
(2) He lets me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still and quiet waters.
(3) He refreshes and restores my soul (life);


As I look out upon the hills this morning from my home I can see the cloud of refreshing rain the Lord is lowering to the treetops. It lays over them like a shower, bringing a cleansing to the dust covered trees after the many past days when all was so dry that the dust raised from the ground, covering everything in its‘ path in dull brown or gray. I see the green breaking through and everything looks alive again!!!  The grass is beginning to look like a green carpet once again and the flowers reach up to get a cool drink. The leaves open up like a cup as they take their fill. The Lord is providing for all His creation and we have the opportunity to see the beauty He provides.

As I think of us, I realize here in Psalm 23, the Lord is my Shepherd, the very one who looks after me, who provides His care and guidance to me as I study His word and sit in His presence. He leads me to those quiet waters, a place to sit and rest awhile, from the busyness of the world and its distractions. What could be more beautiful than a large area of freshly mowed green grass with the fragrance that arises to fill our senses and the music of water rippling over rocks in a brook, or falling from a mountain in front of us as the water cascades a great distance down over a rock wall?  Oh the sounds and smells of nature, fresh and clean; as God intended. This is so refreshing and so restorative to our lives.

We need a new filling every day, especially after a dry spell. Sometimes we feel we are so dry we are like dust. Then we spend time in His word and suddenly we feel the anointing beginning to fall over us and we realize God is awakening us to a fresh start. When we spend time with some friends who share in our faith, their words are like a cool refreshing drink to our dry soul. Spending time listening to worship restores us and gives us a new life once again.

Whenever you feel you need refreshing and restoring sit with the Bible and even reading three lines, as I gave you in the beginning here today, brings a newness to your day.
(1) The Lord is Your Shepherd (to feed, guide and shield You).
You shall not want.
(2) He lets You lie down in green pastures;
He leads You beside still and quiet waters.
(3) He refreshes and restores Your soul (life);
Now read this again inserting your name where you read “your and you” and claim this very truth for your day.

God will and does take care of you and me and He will see we have all we need. We are forever grateful for how much He loves us.


Today, —- I choose to rest,—-beside the still waters listening to the melody of nature. How about you?


God bless each one who reads and shares this message as we give honour and glory to Him who is so deserving.


Have a beautiful day with Jesus. 🙏🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment