Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Pastor Caroline - July 8, 2020




What a beautiful reading today in Daily In His Presence, by David Jeremiah. Eternal Home is the title and right away that brings me peace. Sometimes when we are away from our home for a few days or an extended time, we look forward to getting back home with loved ones and friends. I know I love a vacation, but close to the end of it, I am happy and excited to be going home. My own bed, so comfortable, and the familiar surroundings brings me peace; and I am sure you feel the same way. I remember my children when they were off to university I got excited knowing they would, for sure, be home at Christmas; and it would be for a few days. There’s just something about being home that brings us comfort.

I am happy to be here on earth, doing with the Lord plans for me to do and watching each day unfold, perhaps not as I planned, but how God purposed. There is much joy in knowing He has a purpose each day for us. As we start our day in prayer God is showing us what this day will bring if we listen for His small still voice. The weather sometimes dictates what the day will bring, or company we were not expecting, brings us a joy from heaven. Perhaps a phone call from a friend, who is in need, giving us the joy to help, which brings a blessing into our day. We are asked by God as David says, to refresh the memory of others regarding the things of the Lord. We are to share God with those we meet, with those who know Him as Lord and Saviour and more importantly with those who have never met Jesus. What a joy and delight it is to introduce them to the Saviour of the world and to the very One who took our place on the cross, paying our sin debt, and giving us life eternal in our eternal home, when we accept His gift of salvation.

In all our years here on earth we will have good times, sad times, times of distress, times of joy and happiness, in other words life is a mix of emotions due to circumstances, and as we stay close to God, He will show us how to move through this life to our eternal home.

As 2 Peter Chapter 13 verse 13 to 14 in the NIV says:
I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live In the tent of this body, because I know I will soon put it aside.

David gives us this scripture in the opening of the reading,  isn’t it true, that one day we will leave this tent behind, and having accepted Jesus as Lord and Saviour we will move into our eternal home. What a glorious thought that brings, giving us peace and comfort to the body, soul and mind. The Lord will greet us with these wonderful words, “Welcome home my child, welcome home”.

Thanks for joining me today and please stay tuned to our website as there will be much to enjoy for your reading pleasure as you spend time with the Lord. Have a blessed day.



No comments:

Post a Comment