Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Sunday May 17, 2015




Some notes from Sunday's service.  (Thanks, Heather)
 
 
 
 
 
Hello there!

I first want to remind you that you can have videos of the service on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrUaNS-N8LPEpsbWiJDYloQ.
 
Sometimes I as being ministered to and forget 'oh yah, I'm supposed to be taking notes'   haha 

 

 
Something to Think About

- Boston Marathon bombers...

- What is fair??

- Romans 6:23 says "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

- Is it fair that man is going to die because of sin?

- Is it fair that Christ died? That 'death' was the answer?!

- Ephesians 4:7 tells us "But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ's gift."

- Is it fair that God is not passing judgement OR is it fair for Him because we are not listening/obeying?!

 

The Message ~ Stacey Dlamini

- John 4 - Story of the Samaritan woman at the well.

- 'When you hit a woman, you hit a rock.'  We are powerful creatures!

- If men have extra money they blow it in bars; if women have extra money, they spend in on their kids and family.

- Like the Samaritan woman, God is NOT intimidated by our hot messed lives!!

- He doesn't reach down from on high into our situation... He gets right down in the 'dirty' with us, like the woman caught in adultery

- God offers an alternative.

- The woman at the well, she was the King Pin! Jesus got to that city through this lady, through her testimony.

- Satan knows if she/you got on your feet, that his lies have no affect on you anymore, that you'll be unstoppable!!

- When needs are not attended to, people become desperate. 

- Are you living below your privilege?! Don't you know your value?!

- She knew OF God, what the Bible said... but was not affected to change.

- She had to stop being 'religious' and trust the man next to her!

- Sometimes we can be 'religiously poisoned'.

- When you are dissatisfied, you run through people. But people can never satisfy!

- Have you ever thought to ask God to fill up that empty space??

- Maybe you don't think he'll take all the hot mess of your life??

- Jobs, relationships, etc pacify... they don't satisfy!!

- HE ALONE SATISFIES!!

 
FILL ME UP LORD (finished with)

1

Like the woman at the well, I was seeking
For things that could not satisfy.
And then I heard my Savior speaking -
“Draw from My well that never shall run dry.”

  Fill my cup, Lord; I lift it up Lord;
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul.
Bread of Heaven, feed me till I want no more.
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole.
2

There are millions in this world who are seeking
For pleasures earthly goods afford.
But none can match the wondrous treasure
That I find in Jesus Christ my Lord.
3

So my brother if the things that this world gives you
Leave hungers that won’t pass away,
My blessed Lord will come and save you
If you kneel to Him and humbly pray -


Be a blessing this week! When you're being a blessing, you are teaching others to be one too!

Cheers
Heather

** Special note: J's Place will be hosting their last Coffee House, til the Fall, this Saturday 7-9. Hope to see you there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment