Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Pastor Caroline - Meeting Our Needs

 






Meeting Our Needs

 

God has promised to meet all our needs. In Philippians Chapter 4 Verse 19 in the Good News Bible we are told:

(19) And with all his abundant wealth through Christ Jesus, my God will supply all your needs.

 

Now this does not mean giving us a brand new car or keeping our bank account filled to overflowing. No, God will supply our needs; being the need of love, joy and peace. The greatest need is peace. When we are filled to overflowing in peace, love and joy will be added benefits. God puts peace in our heart, because this is where He lives when we accept Him as Lord and Savior. God is the God of Peace.

 

Every day we face challenges in our world causing us much grief. Our hearts can sometimes be filled with worry, or selfishness. God does not want us to be filled with pride, nor does He want us to doubt, be negative or have unbelief. To me, God wants us to enjoy His abundant wealth through His Son, Jesus. His abundant wealth is peace, love, joy, hope and contentment. If and when we are filled with these I would say we are abundantly wealthy.

Would you agree?

 

Last week on my few days off, I did some soul-searching. I realized I cannot please the world and its demands. If I try to overdo all things I will not be any good to anyone because I will come to a point of exhaustion. So I asked God to show me what would be my greatest gift and how to share that with others. He took me to the scripture I’m sharing with you today and told me not only my greatest need, but my greatest gift, is peace. It is the same for all my children, He said. He said, My Son came so that the world could live in peace. Look at John Chapter 16 Verse 33, GNB

(33)  “I have told you this so that you will have peace by being united to me. The world will make you suffer. But be brave! I have defeated the world!”

This was Jesus speaking to the disciples here in this chapter concerning victory over the world. I believe the same word is true for us today as we place ourselves directly in His light. In the heavenly light of Jesus I believe peace lights our path so that we can discern our actions, thoughts and plans to come into alignment with the will of God.

 

I believe God was showing me how to live in peace so that I can carry that peace to those who are so overburdened with the spinning world we live in. When I trust God in all my decisions; peace flourishes. His peace which goes beyond my understanding or exclamation. I just know my two days off gave me time to reflect. His beauty all around me, His voice in my ear, His love filling me and His place of quiet allowed me to realize what I was missing. I was missing His peace, the peace that brings love, joy, hope and contentment to overflowing in my life. This peace can bring the same to your life when you sit quietly in His presence. As we let Him put our lives back into perspective we will truly see God meeting our needs – daily.

How beautiful— are His promises— found in His word. His peace overcomes all situations in life and far outweighs the challenges we face every day. His peace is the very best and biggest hug we could ever have. Enjoy your hug today and everyday as you allow Him to meet your needs.

May the peace of the Lord be with you everyday.





No comments:

Post a Comment