Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Pastor Caroline - Wednesday April 7, 2021

 



After a sleepless night the day seemed far off. It’s 1 AM, 2 AM, 3 AM, the darkness and quiet surround me. I am wide awake with no apparent reason to be, I am not sick, nor unsettled, just wide awake. For those of you who know me, this is not like me.

 

So in those early morning hours I tried to see if God was beckoning me, but that did not seem to be the case. So I waited — through the darkness —  for daylight to come. I awaited the dawn of Easter Sunday morning, hoping the sun would awaken with streams of glorious light to announce this Resurrection morning. That was not to be either, I saw before me ice that covered the trees and lawn and a heavy grey sky that brought us chilly temperatures.

 

HOWEVER, I am not going to let that get me down, I said to myself; it’s Resurrection Sunday, Christ is Risen, He is Alive, He prepares every new day for me and you and suddenly I am reminded of the third verse of Psalm 23,

He restoreth my soul, as we read in the King James Version or, He gives me new strength as written in The Good News Bible.

 

Even after the night of not resting comfortably in my bed, I realized that a new day dawns with new mercies every morning. No matter how dark or restless the night,  every single morning we have new mercy as told to us in Lamentations chapter 3 verse 22 and 23 in the Good News Bible. It reads as follows

(22 The Lord‘s unfailing love and mercy still continue,

(23) Fresh as the morning, as sure as the sunrise,

(24) The Lord is all I have, and so in Him I put my hope.

 

What a promise for each new day. So even after a sleepless night I am restored to a new freshness and strength because of His promise of unfailingly love and mercy for me.

What a way to put a spring in my step as I face the new day.

 

Sleep or no sleep, sunshine or rain, I am refreshed and restored every morning by God’s wonderful faithfulness and His continued promise. How about you? Are you restored today? Go to your Bible and open it at random and God will show you a word for today, a word to strengthen and restore you.

Remember after the rain, a rainbow, after the storm, a calm, after the winter, a spring, after a night, a new day, and always the love and mercy of the Lord, fresh everyday!! Praise the Lord!

Enjoy your day today walking and talking with the Lord and be restored in the name of Jesus.

 

Please join us for Mike’s reading tomorrow along with Peter’s Picks.


No comments:

Post a Comment