Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Pastor Caroline - November 25, 2020

 



Decisions , decisions, big and small

We must take time to lift them all

To our Lord.

1Thessalonians Chapter 5 Verses 16 to 18

(16) Be joyful always

(16) Pray at all times

(18) Be thankful in all circumstances. This is what God wants from you in your life in union with Christ Jesus.

 

This scripture I find is very helpful when making decisions. Be joyful, pray, and be thankful that we have the choice to make decisions.

Sometimes decisions are easy, and sometimes they are difficult. Perhaps the decision only involves you, or maybe it involves family and/or friends. For this writing I have decided to use me as an example in decision making.

 

Little decisions are made in an instant in my life, however the bigger ones take time and consideration. They always involve prayer. Perhaps they need the help or attention of someone I trust, such as my husband, my son or daughter, my sister, perhaps an older wiser friend, my Pastor, doctor, or lawyer.

 

I am never alone when it comes to important decisions in my life. God is always with me. He has been with me to help me in my decision making from the time I’ve been nine years old when I accepted Him as Lord and Saviour of my life. I asked Him to help me make decisions at home and at school when I was young. From that time forward, I never felt alone, or lonely. The best decision I ever made was to follow Jesus. My next best decision was to marry Spencer, the love of my life. Then we decided to have children and God blessed us with a boy and a girl.

Well now folks I could surely bore you to tears with all the decisions I had to make in my past 67 years of existence. Your decisions are probably not a whole lot different than mine throughout a lifetime.

 

There is one very important decision I will ask you to make, if you haven’t already, and that is to accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour of your life. Invite Him into your heart today and my friend, I assure you, it will be the best decision you’ll ever make. This one decision will carry you through life here on earth and into a glorious eternity. You will spend your forever and ever with the very One who created you. Imagine that for a moment..... How thankful you will be that you decided to have Jesus as your Friend, as your Lord, and as your Savior.

When you decide to follow Jesus, all decisions in your life will be easier to make when you follow His word in the bible. This morning I opened this writing with 1 Thessalonians Chapter 5 Verses 16 to 18

(16) Be joyful always

(17) Pray at all times

(18) Be thankful in all circumstances.

This is what God wants from you in your life in union with Christ Jesus.

 

I can decide to “be joyful always“

I can decide to “pray at all times“

I can decide to be “thankful in all circumstances”.

I can decide that “I want God in my life and decide to do as He instructs and guides me to do”.

I can decide to be “in union with Christ Jesus”.  

So can you, everyday you can decide to have Him in your every decision, just as I have decided to.

 

God decided, over 2000 years ago, I was worth the cost of the life of His beloved Son, and so He sent Jesus to die for me, and for you, to cover our sin debt.

I have decided to follow Jesus.

Have you?

 

Please take time today to consider my question, search your heart, and accept Him as Lord and Saviour. It will be the best decision of your life!

 

Then, trust in the Lord when you’ve made your decision to follow Him.

Proverbs Chapter 3 Verses 5 and 6 in the Good News Bible reads:

(5) Trust in The Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know.

(6) Remember the Lord in everything you do, and He will show you the right way.

 

I venture to say this is good advice for all of us to consider every day.

 

Oh how I love Jesus and I know He loves me and you!!!!

 

Have a blessed day in Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment