Mission Statement


Loving God, Loving Each Other!


"We are children of God who welcome all to Fellowship, sing praises and worship to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. With the help of the Holy Spirit, who guides us as we spend time in the Word as well as in Prayer & Petition for the needs of many."

"Little is much... when God is in it."

Monday, May 11, 2020

Pastor Caroline - May 11, 2020


We are fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139 verses 13 and 14 in the Good News Bible tells us:
(13) You created every part of me; you put me in my mother’s womb.
(14) I praise you because you are to be feared; all you do is strange and wonderful.
I know it with all my heart.

Imagine God creating every part of us. I personally cannot fathom how He chose the colour of my eyes, my hair, the structure of my body size with every bone in place, even my personality, all formed within my mother’s womb.
You(God)even know how long I will live, says the scripture in Psalms 139 Verse 16, Good News Bible,
(16) You saw me before I was born. The days allotted to me have all been recorded in your book, before any of them ever began.
To me this is truly amazing, as is my Lord and Saviour.

Google map says Alberta has 100,000 miles and it’s province and so our blood vessels would stretch (if laid out in a straight line) around Alberta. Awesome thought eh? Who could ever imagine?

Now imagine “your body”, as “His temple”. 
This thought brings me to my knees in prayer and gratitude saying, “Thank you Lord for making me your temple. May I always bring honour and glory to your name”.   Amen

I thank God for giving me the honour of carrying out His work here on earth through my hands, feet, mind and mouth. My daily prayer is,
(23) Examine me, O God, and know my mind, test me, and discover my thoughts,
(24) Find out if there is any evil in me and guide me in the everlasting way. 
Psalm 139 versus 23 and 24 Good News Bible

Ask God to direct your steps everyday. He will never lead you into temptation and He will guide you from evil. When we pray the “Our Father”, that request is in the prayer, Matthew Chapter 6 verse 13, (13) And do not lead us into temptation but deliver us from evil.

As David Jeremiah says in his devotional, “Daily in His Presence”, our reading today tells us to take care of our bodies. The last line in David’s writing is so beautifully written,
“We have a duty to stay as healthy as possible and glorify God through our body, which is the temple of the Spirit”.

We belong to God, our bodies are His temple and we are to take excellent care of His temple. He will guide our every step. Remember you are God’s representative here on earth, now let’s show the “glory of God”, to everyone we meet, every day.

Remember,  you are on Temple Duty, (the title of our reading), and this is a wonderful reminder of who we are in the eyes of our Lord.

Enjoy your day. 🙏



No comments:

Post a Comment